U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,879,448 times

Advertisements

It's $25K in Bronxville, and slots are limited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 01:42 PM

78 posts, read 87,613 times
In our disctrict one has to sign an affadivt that the rental is their PRIMARY residence, as does the landlord. So if you are ok with perjury, and the impact that that has on your CHILD, then sure, go ahead and break the law. Parents will figure this trick out pretty quickly and someone will turn you in. And then it's your children who will suffer from your incredibly bad judgment.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:06 AM

341 posts, read 246,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
Here's a thought, instead of trying to BREAK the rules, thereby doing something illegal and setting a bad example for your kids, why don't you look for ways to work within the system. (If I sound antagonistic, it's only because I find many of your posts in the NYC forum to be less than tasteful but your kids should not suffer from your racial insensitivity).

If Scarsdale or Bronxville is too expensive for you, you may consider living on the border where you would be allowed to choose either school district. I'm not sure how that works, and perhaps someone on here can clarify, but I had two friends growing up that had this situation. One lived in Mamaroneck and the other in White Plains, but it was so close to Scarsdale that they were in the school system. I knew they didn't live in Scarsdale because of the first three digits of their phone numbers.
interesting you say that......on the NYC forums he acts all big bad and tough yet here hes practically begging to be accepted into a social circle that could give 2 f&%ks about him.......

Ima tell you on this thread what you say to the anti gentrification posters on the NYC forums.....if u cant afford to live in scarsdale or bronxville or send your kids to school there....

TOUGH S^&T! DEAL WITH IT!!!

Just like how u tell the people how the poor have many options outside the city, either do with what you have or live somewhere else in westchester that will give you what you need. Just like how you feel the poor blacks and latinos being pushed out of NYC are not "entitled" to live there, your kids are not "entitled" to goto school in those districts.

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP!

Old 12-17-2013, 12:30 PM

10,526 posts, read 11,328,049 times
A family member of mine was using their Grandparents address in Bedford to send her child to school there. She got caught.

The charged her tuition for the year (it was like $20k) and he could not return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County