Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 08:27 PM

4 posts, read 9,656 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move into a 1bedroom in the Westchester county area. My budget is up to $1,100 I'm wondering is this something realistic? if anyone can provide me with other places that would be in my range preferably close to the Elmsford area since that's where I work. I'm looking for a safe area I have a wife and 1 year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 07:45 PM

186 posts, read 470,699 times
Often there are units in the Ossining area for roughly $1,200-1300 range for a 1 bedroom. If you venture to look at small homes/cottages, make sure these structures are insulated. One of friends rented a house in Ossining, and the landlord NEVER disclosed the home had no insulation. The heating bills were incredibly high for a 500 sq ft home. Recently on Craigslist, someone posted about a place in Mohegan Lake that had the same problem. The poster included a copy of the exterior of the home and its address to warn potential tenants. Loved that idea! Good luck to you,

Old 10-24-2012, 07:15 PM

4 posts, read 9,656 times
I was looking at Yorkridge apartments in Rochambeau Dr any feedback on this particular place?

Old 12-23-2015, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
Yorkridge is very afforable and with some TLC can be really nice. The owner (Joshua) is an absolute nightmare to deal with. He's extremely rude and unprofessional. Everytime I've had to deal with him it has been a huge issue. The place seems fairly quiet at night. I have seen people smoking drugs and fighting in the parking lot.

Old 12-23-2015, 10:13 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,149,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifthletter175 View Post
I was looking at Yorkridge apartments in Rochambeau Dr any feedback on this particular place?
I've not heard very good things about this location. With a very young child (not school age) you might want to consider Peekskill. There are very good rents in some nice units. The biggest probelm is often that the schools are considered bad, but that would not be an issue for you for a few years.

Old 12-23-2015, 11:58 AM

973 posts, read 1,409,076 times
With a limited budget, and employment in Elmsford, you may want to look also in parts of Rockland. Although you will have to factor into costs a monthly ez pass bill, you may be able to find cheaper rents in better/safer places, and your distance to work will be shorter than Yorktown. Expanding your search is never a bad idea. You can do a test run of the commute over the bridge to see how it is. Nyack may work for you, as its an urban-like area with a lot of renters. While there are some bad blocks that you would want to avoid, you can figure this out with a little legwork. I just don't know prices there, so you would have to look at it. But as the bird flys, its very close to elmsford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County