Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM

71 posts, read 193,441 times

Advertisements

Hey...

all you nature lovers who live in northern Westchester for the fabulous outdoorsy lifestyle...can anyone recommend a good bike shop anywhere near Croton? Looking for a good place to get a bicycle for our 10-year-old daughter...just in case Santa doesn't bring her one.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM

287 posts, read 593,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl! View Post
Hey...

all you nature lovers who live in northern Westchester for the fabulous outdoorsy lifestyle...can anyone recommend a good bike shop anywhere near Croton? Looking for a good place to get a bicycle for our 10-year-old daughter...just in case Santa doesn't bring her one.

Thanks!
Albany Post Road in Croton

"Down Bicycles" its called

Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Also check Bicycle World in Mount Kisco which is a great shop, and worth the drive, especially if you can time it with other shopping you may need to do in Mount Kisco.

Bicycle World | Bike Shop in Mt. Kisco New York

Another shop that I have heard good things about, yet have not used personally is Yorktown Cycles.

Yorktown Cycles | Westchester's Best Choice for Bicycles & Service | Specialized Globe Pivot BH Bianchi Salsa Yeti

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 12-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Beautiful! Thanks for your help!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 AM

1,316 posts, read 5,192,374 times
We have purchased bikes for our kid at both Yorktown Cycles and the Mt. Kisco Bike Shop and both are quite good. I'd say Mt Kisco had a larger selection. (Yorktown Cycles has great service, and it is on the North County bike path, which is highly convienient!).

Old 12-16-2012, 07:31 AM

Great. All the recommendations for reputable sources for info and service are a GREAT help, believe me.

The last time I was on a bike they were "10-speeds"...bikes for little kids had banana seats...and Jeremiah was a bullfrog!

Thanks again!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:01 PM

581 posts, read 1,303,478 times
Just go to WalMart for 1/2 price.

Bikes & Riding Toys : Toys - Walmart.com

Old 12-16-2012, 05:41 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,525 times
All of the above suggestions are good ones. Down Cycles is the closest to Croton and right off the Montrose/Buchanan exit on Route 9, but is somewhat of a small shop. I've found the staff at Yorktown Cycles to be very helpful (I bought a bike helmet there and rented a bike there once). As someone else mentioned, the selection at Bicycle World in Mt. Kisco is probably the largest of the shops mentioned, though I can't say what their inventory of bikes for children is like as I wasn't looking in that area when I was there. If you don't like the prices at Bicycle World, you can always drive over to Target in Mt. Kisco and look for something less expensive there.

One additional bike shop that you might want to consider is Danny's Cycles at the Cortlandt Town Center in Cortlandt Manor (Mohegan Lake): Danny's Cycles | Bike Shops in Scarsdale, Rye Brook, Manhattan & Stamford CT | Trek, Specialized, Raleigh, Cannondale, Thule - Road, Mountain, Triathlon & Kids Bikes
Danny's Cycles is currently having a closeout sale on their 2012 bikes (20-40% off).

Old 12-17-2012, 06:44 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,032,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShouldHaveLeft914 View Post
Just go to WalMart for 1/2 price.

Bikes & Riding Toys : Toys - Walmart.com
What's your deal, bud? The OP asked about a good bike shop, not anyplace that sells bikes. Walmart = 50% of the price, 25% of the quality and 0% of the service.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:49 PM

581 posts, read 1,303,478 times
Yea, because a 10 year old needs a carbon fiber titanium bicycle. Millions of people ride Walmart bicycles, I am sure her highness will be fine on such a ghetto bike at age 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County