Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,875 times

Advertisements

Please do... it so much needed!!! I am originally from Brooklyn, moved up north approx. 11 years ago, have been looking for a gay bar/club since.... nothing. I can't believe it!! I work in the White Plains area and I believe it will be a good location, definitely a nice little city. I would love to see a funky spot, with a variety of music and a GOOD bartender... if the drinks and service is good, people will come!! Yes, one can never be disappointed with going into the city, but its nice to stay local!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,698 times
Default Hello, I am a straight young women and I live in New Rochelle, NY as well.

Hi - I am new to this website but I could not leave you hanging because I know I have an answer to your question. Even though I am straight my father is transgender so I know about the LGBT scene. Someone responded and told you about The LOFT community center in White Plains that my father and I am a member of, you really should check it out because they always have a lot of great events going on. There is also a LGBT group in Manhattan where I have been to a few meetings called Out Professionals and that is also great group but it is mostly for business professionals looking to hook up and make business connections. But back to Westchester, there is a lounge that I attend in Valhalla called the B Lounge that has a good Karaoke group that meets on Thursdays nights starting at 10pm. The B Lounge is a gay lounge but everyone is invited and it is a small but very nice intimate place that has a steady group of people who go on certain nights. You should look into all three of the places that I mentioned and welcome to Westchester and New Rochelle. Hope you Enjoy your Experience! -Kelly

Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,559 times
Smile gay bar opening soon in port chester ny

I will be opening a Gay stray bar in Port Chester
If you have some ideas let me now.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:09 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,439,345 times
Doesn't every bar technically cater to strays?

For ideas, you might want to check out SF and West Hollywood in CA. Expensive trip, but worth it I think. Even straight females went to those, they were so fun.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,288 times
Hello I was suggested to put a post here by one of my gay clients I am a current housekeeper looking for clients I was wondering if anyone can give me any suggestions on how to reach out to the gay community? My current gay clients are amazing so hoping for any suggestions.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:38 PM

9 posts, read 38,844 times
I have to suggest Fleetwood, Tarrytown & Hastings in Westchester & Nyack in Rockland. These Villages have a very diverse population, with things to do & meet kindred soul mates. All with easy access to NYC.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,129 times
Hey, I know there where gay bars and clubs in Westchester and what about "The Brook" in Westport, Ct. What happend to these clubs? It's like we (gay folks) fell asleep and woke up and the gay bars & clubs where gone. There are a lot of gay people (single and couples, men and women) all through Westchester and Connecticut.
I am in a relationship. My partner and I still love to go out dancing and enjoy a great gay atmosphere. Let's face it, there was a time when the straight crowd wanted to hang out in the gay clubs and bars. We had the best music, best dancers and the best looking crowd. I feel like there is a under movement to make us invisible.

I for one would love more gay life in Westchester and Connecticut.
Richard

Old 08-16-2014, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,975 times
Default Gay Club in White Plains

Would love to invest in one but it would have to be so cool that even straight people who want to just dance and be seen would want to be there.

Old 05-28-2017, 11:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,120 times
I just moved here from Venice in California...
(I did NOT like Los Angeles at all but a rather successful time of it... its a city made up of dreamers, wannabees, people that want to know you to know them, and then theres the ones that made it that still have those same desires for more and more... BUT, and BUT, its liberal everywhere and people completely do there own thing and nobody gives a damn... everybody co-esists... I used to love seeing the guy in pink pants and the guys holding hands and the woman in yoga clothes and cool sun glasses, kids with gel in their hair and all the Range Rovers always clean from the smog in the air...)
being gay in LA is the norm... esp in Weho where I despised as it was wayyyy to much of a ghetto for me, as I like true diversity but I would go up there at times with straight friends as they loved it... less at personal stake perhaps

in Westchester as much as I like it, there is NO diversity whats so ever except for black and white... people don't dress to their own beat here, no real sense of any community at all... dirty cars.
So a gay place?? or you want an open community?? neither you will find here, sadly... Somehow LA has that going on for it... thats an smog and traffic and expensive Real Estate thats absolutely not worth it for the quality of life UNLESS you want liberal, and ya pay for it...
There is NO utopia..

Here is green and beautiful, like living in a park after the concrete in LA... But I pay $31,000 in prop taxes to get it...

I am moving to Providence RI

Old 05-28-2017, 07:16 PM

19,004 posts, read 16,824,160 times
Westchester is the poster child for the Suburban American Dream what did you expect to find La La Land east?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County