Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 11:20 AM

31 posts, read 13,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace901 View Post
Not sure how late to the game i am here but let me say, you are totally wrong about Park Lane Reserve and Harrison. We moved to Park Lane about 15 years ago and it is one of the MOST wonderful neighborhoods. Harrison is a moderately diverse community in Westchester - but much more than Chappaqua or Armonk. There are jews, italians, Indians, Asians and everything else you can think of here in Park Lane. We picked this area because of the beautiful neighborhoods filled with children and the amount of diversity mentioned we felt Harrison had. I am not Jewish or Italian, but German mix. My next door neighbors are Indian on one side and Asian on the other. The 2 houses across the street are jewish. Another jewish family is the house nest to the one diagonal. Other diagonal house is Irish family. Italian families are a few houses down, but they dont have any Soprano feel to them. Actually he is a major Pepsi Senior executive. I know 90% of the people in Park Lane and I would pick Park Lane ANY DAY over Chappaqua. ALso the "Harrison Ave" area of Harrison is also heavily jewish. Yes, A lot of kids do go to private schools for HS, but certainly not all of them. Maybe 30%, and it varies by year.
My children went to Purchase school. They went to LMK (One is still there) I have 2 HHS alumni who both attend Top 25 Universities and a child at HHS now. Is it perfect? No. But its the BEST move we ever made. For the record, Girardi daughter goes to HHS and so did Isiah Thomas' son. Pettites kids never attended Harrison schools, they stayed in Texas. My son is very good friends with Mariano's son and he was put into Iona for HS kicking and screaming. He still wants to return to Harrison. I know because I saw him last week. Harrison is a really great place to raise your family. You will be very comfortable in finding jewish moms to connect with if you want, and you will also make some really sound friendships with a lot of very wonderful people.
No soprano feel. What does that mean and why does this forum allow such blatant disrespect for an ethnicity that has contributed a lot to this country? Why is ethnicity so important? Sadly, Italian Americans are the last safe group to put down. BTW, no ethnicity is perfect or sterile. Too bad some people don't want their children raised around certain ethnicities and I will be blunt races. I don't see any suggestions of places like Mt Vernon. Yonkers, etc. Gee I wonder why....!!!! BTW I know this is a very old thread. Hopefully, these so very superior people have changed their opinions. I also hope they didn't follow any instructions from that Brooklyn Eyetalian Dr Fauci!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2022, 11:55 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,149,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saketsiamese View Post
No soprano feel. What does that mean and why does this forum allow such blatant disrespect for an ethnicity that has contributed a lot to this country? Why is ethnicity so important? Sadly, Italian Americans are the last safe group to put down. BTW, no ethnicity is perfect or sterile. Too bad some people don't want their children raised around certain ethnicities and I will be blunt races. I don't see any suggestions of places like Mt Vernon. Yonkers, etc. Gee I wonder why....!!!! BTW I know this is a very old thread. Hopefully, these so very superior people have changed their opinions. I also hope they didn't follow any instructions from that Brooklyn Eyetalian Dr Fauci!!
I mean are you searching to nearly 10 year old threads to attack. Wow. Just calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County