U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2013, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 754 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

Long time lurker here, now I finally have impetus to post I live in larchmont. Hopefully we'll have some transportation solutions for the new haven line up soon, but I heard it could be a few weeks.

In case it's a while, I was wondering if there are some train stations with ample safe parking along the harlem line that don't require a permit. Metered parking would be fine, or free parking would be great, even a 15 min walk or so to a station like Mt. Vernon West, Tuckahoe, Bronxville, Scarsdale would do. I say free parking because, for example in Larchmont there are some residential streets you could park on in the village during the day that don't have the two hr limit and you could walk to the train from these in about 15 min.

But at this point anything would work if we are at 10% capacity on our trains for a while. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 07:51 PM

12,381 posts, read 23,332,422 times
The trains will be run reduced , but are still running....no reason to panic. You can take the bus over to the Harlem Line. The 61 bus goes from Larchmont to Fordham Station where you can the Harlem. Most of those towns you list have restrictive train station or downtown parking or don't allow parking for the train.

http://transportation.westchestergov...0626161713.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County