U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2007, 06:40 PM

364 posts, read 1,783,468 times

Advertisements

(sorry, i couldn't find my original post in this topic from a while back)

Is anybody familiar with this location at all?

Can anybody share some more words of wisdom about this area? We are about to close down on an apt in this area. As it usually happens, the closer you get to the closing the more you deal with anxiety. So here I am again, and I hope you can understand my anxiety.

As we wait, I was wondering if any of you could share some additional comments about the area.

The apt building is right off Central Park Ave, literally on the side of the road between Central Park and Arlington St.

So, in your personal opinion:

1. Looking at the broader picutre, are we investing our money wisely?

2. What regrets can we expect in the long run?

3. Since we are escaping from LI, what hidden surprises should I expect on our daily commute to the city?

Thanks,

Ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 AM

12 posts, read 66,459 times
Default Area

I know the building but do not live there. I live right next to that building and the area is nice. The area is centrally located near the Sprain Brook Parkway and Bronx River (down the block from there) and not too far down the road to NYS Thruway. There is a park right across the street (Andrus Park) and next door to Bryn Mawr is a senior community. Also down the block there is a Montesori School. Also across the street is the Will Library.

There is a bus stop to the Bee Line (20 Bus) and also the 4C Bus to take you to Manhattan. I have lived in the area for the past 10 years and I do like the area.

In terms of regrets, there is limited parking in that area if you have people come and visit. Also if you are facing Central Avenue the noise from traffic may take some getting used to.

Only other thing to mention is that the intersection at Arlington Street is not the best for traffic. There has been some traffic accidents in the past there with people running lights and I have asked Yonkers if they would put a camera there since people tend to speed there but they said it would take a NY Law from legislature to get that done.

Good luck.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:31 PM

364 posts, read 1,783,468 times
hey, thanks a lot for sharing your opinion. It was very helful to get more ideas about the traffic situation and parking. By the way, I was aware of the parking situation, but had no idea about how bad the traffic could get.

Thanks!

Old 04-10-2014, 08:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,715 times
Just incase anyone is interested, 7 years After this was post. I live in Bryn Mawr. Traffic has improved a bit as people realize they installed traffic cams on Central Ave @ Arlington Street. People still come down Arlington between Winchester and Central like a bat out of hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County