Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 09:27 AM

581 posts, read 1,302,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygreta View Post
Ridgefield is beautiful, but assuming you are working in central Westchester (White Plains, Harrison, etc.), it is just not worth the long drive. Spending time with your family is more important than driving.
Ridgefield to White Plains is like 40-45 mins.
Perfectly normal and typical commute in America.
And 1/2 the time of commuting from Westchester to NYC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 10:24 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john70 View Post
Edgemont is in Greenburgh not Mount Pleasant. Many prefer Edgemont schools over Scarsdale. Smaller and less pressure but great school system.
Yes, you are correct. Why did I type Mount Pleasant? I must have been channeling Valhalla in the middle of the night.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 02-09-2014, 03:06 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,190,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
... I direct you to this thread to get a sense for our current relocation and moving problems. For some reason I just don't see this happening in Yorktown, for example.
Why wouldn't you expect a kid to build stone cairns in Yorktown, or did I miss something else in your post? My son built one such cairn in our woods (with his grandmother, who was a cairn lover). My local community association waged a war--and won--to keep the town from removing the stone walls running alongside every road, something you will see throughout Yorktown Heights and southern Yorktown.

Old 02-09-2014, 03:38 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1250 View Post
Why wouldn't you expect a kid to build stone cairns in Yorktown, or did I miss something else in your post? My son built one such cairn in our woods (with his grandmother, who was a cairn lover). My local community association waged a war--and won--to keep the town from removing the stone walls running alongside every road, something you will see throughout Yorktown Heights and southern Yorktown.
Just another subtle dig at Yorktown in a blatant attempt to reactivate the northeast vs northwest Westchester wars. Where's john70 when we need him?

Old 02-09-2014, 04:55 PM

425 posts, read 1,212,689 times
Everytime i drive around the Yorktown area, it reminds me of Rockland County. 1960s and 1970s split level galore. I envison the faux paneled walls, shag carperting and the putrid aroma of cigarette smoke and liverwurst. In other words, it reminds me of my youth. Have not seen a green Vega with wood trim yet however.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:35 PM

Oh please. That's like saying Bedford Hills is nothing but a strip of big box stores and multifamily houses because of 117 and the hamlet. Try taking a drive through the southern two thirds of Yorktown.

Old 02-09-2014, 05:51 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times
Quote:
Everytime i drive around the Yorktown area, it reminds me of Rockland County. 1960s and 1970s split level galore. I envison the faux paneled walls, shag carperting and the putrid aroma of cigarette smoke and liverwurst.
Just the kind of town to spend two million bucks on a house...

Old 02-09-2014, 06:11 PM

^^ The Mean Girls are back. Run for the bathroom.

I shouldn't deign to respond to your inane comment FHD, but are you referring to my recommending Croton to the OP??? It's very hard to follow you.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:19 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,027,576 times
Quote:
Everytime i drive around the Yorktown area, it reminds me of Rockland County. 1960s and 1970s split level galore. I envison the faux paneled walls, shag carperting and the putrid aroma of cigarette smoke and liverwurst. In other words, it reminds me of my youth. Have not seen a green Vega with wood trim yet however.
I actually like liverwurst. Especially on rye with red onions and mustard. Vegas, not so much.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:03 PM

425 posts, read 1,212,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
I actually like liverwurst. Especially on rye with red onions and mustard. Vegas, not so much.
They still make Liverwurst? Its one of those tastes that brings back vivid memories of youth. Like the smell of a new tee shirt with a fresh dukes of hazzard iron on decal of the whole gang...including Daisy!!

Bo Duke - John Schneider is from Mount Kisco after all....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County