Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:29 PM

425 posts, read 1,213,321 times

Advertisements

Thanks. I am aware what I wrote. We fit in just fine now, sorry feel like you do not.

Yes, CCD at St. Pats, I coach soccer, its a great town so far and we have met wonderful, caring families (Jewish and Catholic -- we probably have more Jewish friends and one of our closest is the person we both referenced re: recent tragedy), despite initial observations about some of the women at the gym and the over the top cars. But like I said in my other posts, I can see where you are coming from, especially if your kids are having problems. I woul def. move if I felt that way.

Good Luck.
J

Last edited by john70; 04-14-2014 at 07:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 PM

18 posts, read 54,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john70 View Post
Thanks. I am aware what I wrote. We fit in just fine now, sorry feel like you do not.

Yes, CCD at St. Pats, I coach soccer, its a great town so far and we have met wonderful, caring families (Jewish and Catholic -- we probably have more Jewish friends and one of our closest is the person we both referenced re: recent tragedy), despite initial observations about some of the women at the gym and the over the top cars. But like I said in my other posts, I can see where you are coming from, especially if your kids are having problems. I woul def. move if I felt that way.

Good Luck.
J
DEAR john70,
You called most of Armonk people are "oddballs", narcissists",judgemental and now they are your best warm, wonderful buddies ??? Did you show them your posts ? I'm sure they would love to read your statments... while you coaching their kids soccer (that help in social life, right?) and all the Armonk moms( you should be on ArmonkMoms FB paige as well) who were "spoiled their entire lives "-is it how you describe them ??
I read all your posts starts from 2013 - present
I'm not trolling, maybe you are. I'm talking about our family feelings and lives and just because you have a diffrent opinion on something or you trying to "stay on the top" ,does not mean that you can bash and trash other people posts with your sarcasm. Nobody needs that.
"I'm getting bored- let's talk how awesome is Armonk "

I'm not going to spend more time and paying attention to you. How many post and on how many diffrent topics you wrote per day, do you have a life ?? (Or this is sentence only just you can say to others??)

Sometimes sound like you know something... so if you want to help and make a helpful suggestion re;OP questions ( not judgments) ,please do it -I'm sure you will even have more friends - or you don't need
them too ?

SO far " john70 ",I'm sorry I need to say that, seems like your ego is bigger then your tiny garden( no, I'm not farming) on the Cedar Knolls -Yonkers school and taxes but PO Bronxville , right RubyGreta ?
but you think you have the rights to say what you want or called people BS or Phony. That is typical Armonk.
Also I understand you speak from personal knowledge about schools system here in Armonk or Bronxville, right? How old are your children ? Ooo,he just start the Coman Hill.

I'm not sure (just like many others on this forum ) that you really know/knew what you write/wrote...check all your posts over the internet and then try again.

My kids don't have problems and that is not the reason we are thinking to move.
They are actually brilliant students (both of them above their grade level), well behaving kids, caring little people, who respect others and their own values. They not trying to pretend that they are someone else aka "fake" just so they can fit in. It seems like they have difficulties to find people with same priorities like them in Armonk. I'm finding this bizzarre too .
Yes, we did found a bunch of nice, warm people here , Catholic, Asians, Jewish, Albanians.I'm sure they are many more.
Most of our friends are Catholic from St.Patrick in Armonk -they are loving, Not flashy, not fake, down to earth folks with great values and no "armonk attitudes"
But like you said before john70- there are minority here in this town.

I want to say ,Thank you ,john70, for helping us make the decision to move from Armonk (after 10 years). Now with the "new" people like you or similar moving in here I can clearly see which directions Armonk is going and even with my brand new Range Rover or DH Tesla, with my newest LV bag and kids playing Armonk baseball -
I and my family DON'T FIT HERE for some reasons.

P.S. We can always talk more about that ,maybe over the coffee after Sunday mass

Thank you everyone else, who is helping us in this matter.
Any suggestions are welcome.

Old 04-15-2014, 07:54 PM

425 posts, read 1,213,321 times
Wow, you can't even fit in with your new Range Rover and Telsa and LV bags ? LOL --Maybe you should consider moving back to the Bronx. You can wow the them with your style over substance attitude. Armonk seems a bit too intimidating for someone so insecure. Just a thought.

Let me guess, you have a gold Rolex Daytona too? HaHa

P.S. You might want to consider adjusting your meds.

Last edited by john70; 04-15-2014 at 08:13 PM..

Old 04-15-2014, 11:39 PM

796 posts, read 1,756,719 times
From what I've heard, Somers sounds like it would match what you're looking for. However, this forum has very little Somers representation for some reason.

Last edited by Peppin0; 04-15-2014 at 11:49 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 06:58 AM

4,762 posts, read 793,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
From what I've heard, Somers sounds like it would match what you're looking for. However, this forum has very little Somers representation for some reason.
I live there, but it seems like there's nothing but controversy going on in this thread so far, and I didn't want to end up going back and forth with anyone.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinuzzo View Post
THANK YOU,
I was looking into Katonah houses with Somers school but not have enough info so far >can;t find more post from people who know the school,area's etc over there.

Last edited by eurochica; 04-16-2014 at 08:53 AM..

Old 04-16-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
I live there, but it seems like there's nothing but controversy going on in this thread so far, and I didn't want to end up going back and forth with anyone.
I'm sorry if you feel that way:

Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 AM

4,762 posts, read 793,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurochica View Post
THANK YOU,
I was looking into Katonah houses with Somers school but not have enough info so far >can;t find more post from people who know the school,area's etc over there.
Yes, there is a large area of the Katonah zip code (10536) that is zoned for Somers schools. This may sound strange if you aren't familiar with it, since there is also a Katonah-Lewisboro district.

The Somers school district is roughly co-extensive with the Town of Somers; the only exception is the area off Route 116, near Purdys, which is part of the Town but zoned for North Salem schools.

The area with a Somers post office (10589) is actually incredibly small; I'd say it only makes up less than a quarter of the town's total area. Interestingly, it includes part (but not all) of the very small portion of the town not zoned for Somers schools.

eurochica, what other questions do you have?

Old 04-16-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john70 View Post
Wow, you can't even fit in with your new Range Rover and Telsa and LV bags ? LOL --Maybe you should consider moving back to the Bronx. You can wow the them with your style over substance attitude. Armonk seems a bit too intimidating for someone so insecure. Just a thought.

Let me guess, you have a gold Rolex Daytona too? HaHa

P.S. You might want to consider adjusting your meds.

Dear john70,
In order for you to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Nice try though
P.S. Now you r going to play doctor , too ?

good bye

Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC1024 View Post
Yes, there is a large area of the Katonah zip code (10536) that is zoned for Somers schools. This may sound strange if you aren't familiar with it, since there is also a Katonah-Lewisboro district.

The Somers school district is roughly co-extensive with the Town of Somers; the only exception is the area off Route 116, near Purdys, which is part of the Town but zoned for North Salem schools.

The area with a Somers post office (10589) is actually incredibly small; I'd say it only makes up less than a quarter of the town's total area. Interestingly, it includes part (but not all) of the very small portion of the town not zoned for Somers schools.

eurochica, what other questions do you have?
I'm familiar with the Somers and Katonah-Lewisboro school disricts only in general.
I believe the John Jay schhol is better then Somers (re;schooldigger.com).
Katonah- Lewisboro seems like have much more to offer then Katonah-Somers side.
Does Somers have a town pool ( we r in Saw Mill Club but that is private)?
THE Somers High School - how is it? Seems like A lot of people sending their kids to JFK Catholic High School,why ? Because they have a better curriculum ,academics, sports, teachers ??
Byram Hills school is top notch school with very strong advance programs. Both of my kids are very advance( not genius)
If we will move to school with let's say..lower profile..it os going to be better for them or worst. Are they going to loose intrest in learning because it is going to be easier (maybe?) or they will get push up because they are already a little bit "higher" ?

Is Somers more blue collar people and Katonah more white collars with artsy, green inividuals ?

I like the Sunderland area in somers(Katonah PO)

When you have Katonah PO ,are eligble to use Katonah parks, swim teams etc ?

TIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County