U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 07:32 PM

29 posts, read 35,746 times

Advertisements

Long time owner / resident of a coop in Westchester that was a much better building when it went coop in 1985, then it is now.
I was wondering if their were any other shareholders who are interested in forming a network and communicating, something the coops should have been doing from day one. A network of shareholders and apartments should have been set up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 04:39 PM

Default discrimination

I will update this when i have time, i figure this would be a good place to lay out the issues that i have. I am disabled, so until i find a lawyer that works for the shareholder, i will write about the last 15 plus years here.

the board in this building is beholden to the management company.

self dealing
failure to perform due diligence when given a written statement concerning violation of by-laws and occupancy rules by other board members.

self dealing , written notification sent= retribution by board member using coop info, falsified parling tickets, insurance notified i moved,

mortgage fraud= buyers and banks informed that coop was 90% owner occupied, reality it was closer to 50%, it had never been 90%

now it is around 30%

refusal to follow proprietary lease and sell owner occupied coops to buyers that will be owner occupiers, they have repeatedly allowed people to buy and let their son or daughter move in, in some cases the interview committee was told specifically that the person buying was downsizing and moving into this studio apartment, next week the son moved in, owner never moved in, 20% of apartments are along this type of illegal sublease, no sublease fee's every collected.
management company says they are legal , i am sure this doesn't happen in scarsdale and bronxville coop apartments that barhite and holzinger manage.
Financial and geographic discrimination

board member apartment has been rented out for over 20 years, they claim it is unsold shares, however per bylaws it is not unsold shares, very specific violation of by-laws

Big $$$ management company has been in cahoots with a grifter board family that controlled the board via fraud and wife was voting official, Daughter was voting official

Around 1996 the management t company had a person who said they were a lawyer come to the annual meeting and informed us that that NY state had changed the COOP voting laws and we were no longer allowed to combine or split our votes, that we had to vote equally for each person running.
years latter when researching other violations i discovered that this was total fraud.
I am also sure that the other building that the management company manages, the ones in areas with majority professionals, this kind of fraud would never be attempted.
Also per the by laws, any change that required a vote had to be mailed to all shareholders and coulkd not be sprung at annual meeting. it would have to be mailed in separate cover along the same guidelines as notice of annual meeting.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:45 PM

Default cant edit -update on IMO pure fraud on voting change

Around 1996 the management t company had a person who said they were a lawyer come to the annual meeting and informed us that that NY state had changed the COOP voting laws and we were no longer allowed to combine or split our votes, that we had to vote equally for each person running.[EDIT UPDATE} from the first vote in 1985 or 1986 till this time we had been told to combine,split our votes, this is known as cumulative voting i believe, this is the one weapon a coop has to get a bad board out, VIA the management company/sponsor barhite and holzinger and their ringer grifter board member family pulling the NYS has changed the laws on coop voting IMO extremely fraudulent and discriminatory knowing that there were no professional people left in the building to realize such a change was totally illegal per the by-laws.
years latter when researching other violations i discovered that this so called change never happened, and that NYS never changed their voting laws, they cant change the by-laws of co-ops and they havent, imo it was a was total fraud that stole the building from every being a coop again, it has now approx 70% rentals. Some i believe are recent purchases ,but still illegal since the 1988 AG memo stated unsold shares are only to be sold to people with a financial backing .
I am also sure that the other building that the management company manages, the ones in areas with majority professionals, this kind of fraud would never be attempt

There are still a number of people that were shareholders here prior to this change and remember that we always could combine and split our votes. I remember it specifically , since as a younger owner i had no idea on what it meant and i never knew what it was all about, but it was announced at every annual meeting where there was a vote., until the gang og thieves had the fake NYS law change.

Attorney General of NYS will not do anything- refuses to even enforce the proprietary agreements paragraph on the right for the shareholders to inspect the financial records.

there are embezzlement all over and the AG will not even make it possible for owners to inspect and stop or prevent fraud.
After Bernard Madoff was exposed some of the work that had been started, sat as a pile of dirt for 7 months. A 2 week job didn't move for 7 months. The Work stopped the week Bernard Madoff was exposed. We had a pile of dirt about a story tall in the front of the building with that entrance not usable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or