Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 04:47 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,667 times

Advertisements

left his old job with a bang !

John F. Kennedy High School staffers swipe nearly $90G, even kids' bake sale money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:48 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
Seriously?? Wow, what a creep. He's being accused of a felony - unbelievable he is allowed to run another school until convicted.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 AM

258 posts, read 907,989 times
Is he being accused of a felony? From that article it says they blame him because he did not take account of student funds but it does not see he was involved in the theft. If teachers were stealing and he didn't monitor is one thing, if he was stealing that is something else. Either way, how awful for the kids who raised money. I worked in harlem for years and it is very difficult to raise money in the inner city and to steal it is terrible. I am sure Pleasantville will be looking for a new principal.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:30 AM

395 posts, read 1,618,279 times
Yep. I'm still signed up to get P-ville parent alerts, and here's a link to their site with press release. Pleasantville Union Free School District

I can't imagine that they didn't catch some wind of this in the vetting process. Whoever manages that should also be relieved of their (probably overpaid) job.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 AM

1,497 posts, read 4,458,855 times
Well it says "When we confronted Mr. Rotunno with the draft audit report a month ago, he resigned and will never work in the Department of Education again," said Education Department spokesman Danny Kanner.

Doesn't sound like an innocent man to me. HA...after dealing with thousands of angry parents in P'Ville once this gets out, he is going to wish he were in jail instead.

I'm pretty sure that if he knew about this, and they can prove it (the teachers will sell him up a river on a plea deal), it would be a felony (misappropriation of funds or something like that).

Old 06-26-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjinla View Post
Well it says "When we confronted Mr. Rotunno with the draft audit report a month ago, he resigned and will never work in the Department of Education again," said Education Department spokesman Danny Kanner.

Doesn't sound like an innocent man to me. HA...after dealing with thousands of angry parents in P'Ville once this gets out, he is going to wish he were in jail instead.

I'm pretty sure that if he knew about this, and they can prove it (the teachers will sell him up a river on a plea deal), it would be a felony (misappropriation of funds or something like that).
I am not condoning him at all but it never even alleges that he knew only that he should have known. As for speaking, I am sure he is being advised not to. The DOE has people that handle press issues and employees are told not to talk. If he is involved, I hope he gets the book thrown at him but I also believe in innocence until someone Is proven guilty.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:09 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,667 times
Whether he's guilty or innocent is one question. Whether he's the right man for the job is another.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:35 PM

I agree. I think Pville needs to reconsider the choice because he needs to be way more aware of what is going on because that is a lot of money to steal.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 AM

Actually, I just reread the article. I thought he declined to speak to press but he resigned after he declined to speak to the DOE. I really hope Pleasantville fires him if he did not help with the investigation into the stolen money. That is awful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: