U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 06:17 PM

8,052 posts, read 9,465,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlabmaster99 View Post
Throughout history people have fled to rural areas to seek freedom from religious persecution, so I am on a sort of personal exodous to rural areas in westchester.
Just because someone claims that something is part of their faith that doesn't make it valid. Most fleeing (as you put it) to rural areas are seeking to avoid legal authority not religious freedom.

Last edited by VA Yankee; 02-20-2015 at 07:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2015, 07:03 AM

140 posts, read 212,402 times
People, you do realize that this doofus is someone from the Democratic Party trying to make GOPers look stupid.

I'm a NYer, I'm a republican

I'm not a gun toting bible thumping maniac, I believe in freedom and personal responsibility. Fiscally I'm to the right, but on social issues I believe in freedom. I'm catholic, I personally wouldn't take part in a gay marriage and I would be angry if someone forced the church too, but this isn't a catholic country and my thoughts are "if you don't like it don't do it" just because I wouldn't do something doesn't mean it should be banned. Abortion is a touchy issue but again the bottom line is "don't like it? Don't do it" that's how most republicans, especially those my age think (I'm 22).

Social issues are irrelevant. The only issue that's non fiscal that I care about is a sensible immigration policy. This guy is an idiot, trying to portray conservatives as anarchistic intolerant wahoos instead of what we really are. People who value freedom and believe in the human capacity to think for themselves without the govt directing every action.

Don't think this guy represents conservatives, he is a propaganda poster trying to make people think we are all morons and sway them to vote blue

Old 03-10-2015, 10:35 AM

895 posts, read 578,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlabmaster99 View Post
I am a true tea party member, I own a don't tread on me flag and plan to fly it proudly.

I think Rand Paul is the best candidate for the 2016 election. Rand Paul comes from a long line of liberty minded people including Ron Paul.

We will be extremely lucky to have Rand Paul or Ron Paul as our future president

All you liberals don't seem too welcoming of country folks in westchester. You are too caught up in the fast pace of city living and big government to realize that your freedoms are being infringed by the bloated government.
Obviously you're on the liberal democrat's payroll trying to smear the image of conservatives/republicans so low informed voters can vote democrat. Sorry, not happening. I do however agree that Rand Paul would be a great president, as would Scott Walker. Though I think tea partiers may be a little too far right for Westchester residents to accept as many of them are drinking the Obama and De Blasio kool-aid. You know how that goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or