Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 07:38 PM

5 posts, read 5,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
I very much doubt there are many in Westchester - or any, for that matter - that would be influenced by such infantile, poorly constructed and just plain stupid arguments that we've seen from this guy. If he/she is even an adult (unlikely) then he/she isn't very high functioning. It's just so stupid that it isn't even entertaining. Yet we continue to post, if only as an expression of astonishment......
But people are influenced by the stupid arguments. The point isn't to sway you towards the tea party, but to leave you thinking that they are stupid and dangerous. I would bet anything that "matlabmaster99" has no affiliation to the tea party and is representing them with every cliched stereotype so that you walk away thinking "wow, these tea party people are naive, young, cheap and stupid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2015, 11:38 PM

73 posts, read 142,267 times
I am a true tea party member, I own a don't tread on me flag and plan to fly it proudly.

I think Rand Paul is the best candidate for the 2016 election. Rand Paul comes from a long line of liberty minded people including Ron Paul.

We will be extremely lucky to have Rand Paul or Ron Paul as our future president

All you liberals don't seem too welcoming of country folks in westchester. You are too caught up in the fast pace of city living and big government to realize that your freedoms are being infringed by the bloated government.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:56 AM

5 posts, read 5,147 times
Advert brought to you by the Bush/Clinton campaign. Thanks matlabmaster99!

Old 02-19-2015, 06:28 AM

2,210 posts, read 2,154,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtoid View Post
But people are influenced by the stupid arguments. The point isn't to sway you towards the tea party, but to leave you thinking that they are stupid and dangerous. I would bet anything that "matlabmaster99" has no affiliation to the tea party and is representing them with every cliched stereotype so that you walk away thinking "wow, these tea party people are naive, young, cheap and stupid".
There are in fact tens of thousands of well educated conservatives in this area who support the ideas of reduced taxation and individual responsibility, plus very limited government spending, and spending at the local level whenever possible. This is what the tea party started supporting. Then it became a group where anyone who hates liberal ideas could come to join together. So you have people like this person (who is clearly not a conservative, he just wants to screw the government where possible and get stuff for free) giving the ideas of conservatives a bad name, when he is not even one of them. He probably thinks he is a tea party member because he hates the very idea of President Obama. Its sad. Good public debate from a variety of educated sources is always a good thing.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:36 AM

988 posts, read 1,017,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
There are in fact tens of thousands of well educated conservatives in this area who support the ideas of reduced taxation and individual responsibility, plus very limited government spending, and spending at the local level whenever possible. This is what the tea party started supporting. Then it became a group where anyone who hates liberal ideas could come to join together. So you have people like this person (who is clearly not a conservative, he just wants to screw the government where possible and get stuff for free) giving the ideas of conservatives a bad name, when he is not even one of them. He probably thinks he is a tea party member because he hates the very idea of President Obama. Its sad. Good public debate from a variety of educated sources is always a good thing.
Excellent post Dr. Strangelove.

Old 02-19-2015, 12:30 PM

2,210 posts, read 2,154,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
Excellent post Dr. Strangelove.
Thank you for the kind words. While I know this is not a political forum, I find myself caught up in my feelings when reviewing posts like these. For the record, I am a "tax raising liberal" but I live in northern westchester, where the majority of the people are what I call NY Republicans, meaning they are pro-choice, pro-gay rights and pretty much on the left of all social issues, but to the far right on fiscal issues.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.strangelove View Post
Thank you for the kind words. While I know this is not a political forum, I find myself caught up in my feelings when reviewing posts like these. For the record, I am a "tax raising liberal" but I live in northern westchester, where the majority of the people are what I call NY Republicans, meaning they are pro-choice, pro-gay rights and pretty much on the left of all social issues, but to the far right on fiscal issues.
No problem. That was exactly what I was referring to when I referenced Republican friends in the county who are embarrassed by the Sarah Palin/tea party wing of the party. I am very liberal myself but actually really enjoy speaking with/debating well educated conservatives regarding taxes and other issues, and I often find myself learning something in the process. However, I cannot begin to reason with borderline anarchist nut jobs who make statements like matlabmaster99 has done on this forum, and if he's being serious, I sincerely hope he understands that these views do not fit in here.

Old 02-19-2015, 05:25 PM

73 posts, read 142,267 times
I am conservative on both social and fiscal issues. Your concept of a NY Republican is right, most of the conservatives here are left on social issues.

The fact that the government is involved in marriages at all is beyond me. I do not think the governments definition of marriage is the same as that of the chruch. they are two different things, the definition of marriage between a man and a woman will never change.

I am also anti-abortion, why would we want to kill babies that could grow up to be great americans, God gave you a gift and you rejected your gift? Do liberals think they are too good for the gifts god gives to them?

I know my views might not be the norm in westchester, the city is a harsh enviornment for a conservative like myself, but I am hoping that it might be more tolerable if I live in a rural area where I don't have to directly interact with people as much like in northern westchester. Throughout history people have fled to rural areas to seek freedom from religious persecution, so I am on a sort of personal exodous to rural areas in westchester.

-matlab

Old 02-19-2015, 08:13 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,033,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matlabmaster99 View Post
I am conservative on both social and fiscal issues. Your concept of a NY Republican is right, most of the conservatives here are left on social issues.

The fact that the government is involved in marriages at all is beyond me. I do not think the governments definition of marriage is the same as that of the chruch. they are two different things, the definition of marriage between a man and a woman will never change.

I am also anti-abortion, why would we want to kill babies that could grow up to be great americans, God gave you a gift and you rejected your gift? Do liberals think they are too good for the gifts god gives to them?

I know my views might not be the norm in westchester, the city is a harsh enviornment for a conservative like myself, but I am hoping that it might be more tolerable if I live in a rural area where I don't have to directly interact with people as much like in northern westchester. Throughout history people have fled to rural areas to seek freedom from religious persecution, so I am on a sort of personal exodous to rural areas in westchester.

-matlab
If you think that N Westchester in any way resembles a "rural" area, or that it's inhabitants have much in common with truly "rural" areas, then you're even more idiotic than you've already led us to believe. Or are you simply trying to avoid contact with libs by going someplace where you can just hole up?

But hey, since this is obviously a game, why don't you keep it rolling by letting us what you do for a living and where you actually live? And whether or not you graduated from the 8th grade? Troll.

Old 02-20-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matlabmaster99 View Post

-matlab
LOL...I think you should take a personal exodus to Wyoming, where you will find lots of the type of "freedom" that you're seeking. I hate to break it to you, but 99.99% of the people in northern Westchester, Democratic or Republican, are going to think you're either crazy or stupid or both. And I agree with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County