U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2015, 10:37 AM
 
2 posts, read 1,130 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon4 View Post
I don't really need much privacy, I just want space for active pets, four wheeling, a pool, etc
Try Bedford, Katonah, Banksville area. There are large parcels of land and four wheeling is probably fairly common.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
 
Location: East Millcreek
2,397 posts, read 5,220,807 times
Reputation: 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon4 View Post
I don't really need much privacy, I just want space for active pets, four wheeling, a pool, etc
ATV or a real 4x4? And what's the "etc"? Pond or lake? Regardless, sounds like you really need at least 4 or 5 acres. If you seriously want all that stuff you'll get privacy, whether you want it or not. There's no way 1 acre can reasonably support all that.

Coincidently, the neighbor kids created an ATV course behind their house and onto the neighbors lot. It's invisible from the neighbors house and they're oblivious anyway. They go tearing around making a lot of noise and ripping up the woods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2015, 12:09 PM
 
Location: East Millcreek
2,397 posts, read 5,220,807 times
Reputation: 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm-1200 View Post
Try Bedford, Katonah, Banksville area. There are large parcels of land and four wheeling is probably fairly common.
Actually not, and it's strongly frowned on. It's horse country, not Maine or Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 AM
 
2 posts, read 1,130 times
Reputation: 10
Have you looked into the Mahopac, Mohegan Lake, Brewster area? You may be able to get a lot of land. Its directly north of Westchester in Putman county, but the area is as nice, if not nicer, then many northern westchester towns East of 684. You will also pay a bit less and can probably find a tear down option a bit easier. Also, Yorktown could be another consideration. That's northern westchester but west of 684, closer to the Hudson. That area is also in par with anything up there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-02-2015, 10:44 AM
 
20 posts, read 15,339 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm-1200 View Post
Have you looked into the Mahopac, Mohegan Lake, Brewster area? You may be able to get a lot of land. Its directly north of Westchester in Putman county, but the area is as nice, if not nicer, then many northern westchester towns East of 684. You will also pay a bit less and can probably find a tear down option a bit easier. Also, Yorktown could be another consideration. That's northern westchester but west of 684, closer to the Hudson. That area is also in par with anything up there as well.
I actually haven't looked into those places yet, but I'll definitely check all those places out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top