U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 08:26 PM

2,399 posts, read 5,222,041 times

Advertisements

My kids got pass-me-down Saabs from their grandparents. Personifying Westchester, I feel this is the most ideal balance between making sure the kids have a solid yet socially acceptable vehicle while distancing parents from the spoiling effect of extravagant toys. Doesn't everybody have grandparents kicking in for that stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 08:41 PM

6,993 posts, read 9,502,905 times
As long as it has 6 cylinders. LOL!

Old 10-12-2015, 08:57 PM

2,399 posts, read 5,222,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
As long as it has 6 cylinders. LOL!
OOooo!! Your grandparents-that-donate-karz-4-kidz are fancier, for sure! In my case they were Calvinistic New Englanders, so more than 4 cylinders was viewed as a wasteful extravagance.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:25 PM

814 posts, read 693,603 times
I work on Audi for a living and most of the customers are very pleasent and friendly, they like finer things and the German cars have a certain allure, my wife drives a 2015 TDI Jetta and despite the diesel scandal if you're going to buy VW/Audi the TDI is the way to go. An Audi A3 Sportline TDI hatch or a VW TDI Jetta Sportwagen are pretty popular.

Now if you're talking pretentious douchebag Saab and Prius owners hands down.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEN 1 View Post
I work on Audi for a living and most of the customers are very pleasent and friendly, they like finer things and the German cars have a certain allure, my wife drives a 2015 TDI Jetta and despite the diesel scandal if you're going to buy VW/Audi the TDI is the way to go. An Audi A3 Sportline TDI hatch or a VW TDI Jetta Sportwagen are pretty popular.

Now if you're talking pretentious douchebag Saab and Prius owners hands down.
I don't think they sell new jetta sportwagens anymore and would you really recommend this in the blue Ridge area if not Putnam or berkshires? Wouldn't this get run over by the f150, f250, rams and tundra up the slopes?

Old 10-12-2015, 09:49 PM

Well rugged off road is not what a Jetta or A3 would be designed for, rugged off road is best left to us Americans that are really good at making trucks. VW has the 4 Motion and Audi the Quattro and maybe a Toureq would fair ok offroad but the only Audi I would try offroad would be the Audi Allroad Quattro.

My wife works in Manassas and the TDI Jetta gets about 42 miles per gallon, diesel technology is the way to go despite what the over regulated EPA thinks who by the way turned the Animas River in Colorado orange, good job.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:54 PM

We have the Jetta but we also have the 5.7 liter Hemi Durango Limited with 4wheel drive, BF Goodrich All Terrain tires, dvd player, tow package, its the big bad wolf compared to the Jetta but the Jetta gets 42 miles a gallon and the Dodge about 18 miles per gallon, lol.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:59 PM

/\/\

Some parts of chappaqua can get a bit steep and rough when it snows. Up kings road and west of the train tracks. If they're gonna get one vehicle, it might as well be v6 awd.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:15 AM

The Dodge is our truck so to speak all though its more SUV being that its the Durango but its built off the Ram 1500 platform. SUV made more sense as Im a guy with a wife, daughter in law, 2 boys, and a grandbaby, the Durango offered the capability of a truck while seating 8.

I have a 2 year technical degree in mechanics, I was a car crazy kid, its taken ne to a career with VW/Audi/Porsche, they are fun cars to be around and they are heavy in electronics. Wife has a degree from Central Florida College and majored in Business. She now is a store manager and Cpht for Walgreens Pharmacies, we lead a decent life.

The other car I commute in is a 2009 Kia Sportage LX, its about 32 miles per gallon highway. Its nice to have the big Dodge but honestly I dont need that much vehicle everyday.

My oldest who made me a grandpa him and my daughter in law drive a Jeep Cherokee. So even though I work with German cars and own one we still keep it American made as well.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:54 AM

175 posts, read 314,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
OOooo!! Your grandparents-that-donate-karz-4-kidz are fancier, for sure! In my case they were Calvinistic New Englanders, so more than 4 cylinders was viewed as a wasteful extravagance.
Please. You're not a real Calvinistic New Englander, even in Westchester, if your kids don't drive a gently used Volvo.

()
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or