Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:22 AM

22 posts, read 42,374 times

Advertisements

I missed this project which has been on the boards for the last 2 or 3 years and will be further discussed at the Common Council meeting on August 1st. It's a 160-bed nursing home to be built on the corner of Barker and Church Streets.

White Plains Officials Give Approval for 160-Bed Nursing Home - White Plains, NY Patch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 10:59 AM

218 posts, read 605,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Kaplan View Post
Did anybody go to the special meeting? If they decide to do away with the White Plains Mall, I don't think too many people will be too upset. The place is a great example of how outlandishly high parking prices can discourage customer visits. I always hunt in the surrounding streets when I have to go there.
"I got the feeling their presentation was kind of a trial balloon for a mostly residential development with a high-rise building of at least 20 floors at Hamilton Avenue and Cottage Place," [Councilman] Martin said. "There would be ground floor retail, some smaller buildings that look like townhouses, and a hidden parking garage [with open space on top]."

Redevelopment eyed for aging White Plains Mall

Old 08-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Kaplan View Post
I missed this project which has been on the boards for the last 2 or 3 years and will be further discussed at the Common Council meeting on August 1st. It's a 160-bed nursing home to be built on the corner of Barker and Church Streets.

White Plains Officials Give Approval for 160-Bed Nursing Home - White Plains, NY Patch

The rep told the Common Council that they'll be breaking ground on this in September. This one has been out there for a while.

Old 08-24-2016, 08:13 PM

22 posts, read 42,374 times
Has anybody noticed? There are a lot of empty store fronts on Mamaroneck Avenue.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:08 AM

Re the Boulevard project...

"The city recently received engineering studiesneeded from the developer and will likely consider the project for approval atits Oct. 3 Common Council meeting, according to Karen Pasquale, a senioradviser to Mayor Thomas Roach"

http://westfaironline.com/81605/harlem-developer-proposes-fitness-retail-destination-at-white-plains-gateway/

Old 09-08-2016, 01:30 PM

34 posts, read 55,589 times
It strikes me that the folks who are active in this thread might enjoy an upcoming forum about downtown WP, that is being held by the League of Women Voters of White Plains next Wednesday. It will be in the auditorium of Church St School. More information about it is here, on the LWVWP's website: www.lwvwp.org

Old 10-13-2016, 02:05 PM

I watched the video of the 9/28 Transit District meeting (White Plains, NY - Official Website - Multimedia). At minute 19 they go over a slide that shows all of the development projects that are up for approval. The only one that I think we've missed in this thread is for residential on Mamaroneck and Post, in an odd-shaped lot that looks to be made up of the State Farm insurance building and the private parking lots behind it.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:32 AM

Looks like the common council is set to approve Grid Properties' proposal for the Boulevard project at tonight's meeting.

I'm pretty excited for this get going. I live in the Highlands and walked to Post Road school this weekend to play basketball. The walk was very doable, and this development is only a block or two further. I've always envied the neighborhoods in Pleasantville, Mamaroneck, etc. that can walk in to a downtown with shops and restaurants...and this project is basically dropping an instant downtown within walking distance of one of WPs biggest neighborhoods. Can't see how that's anything but a positive.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommya View Post
"I got the feeling their presentation was kind of a trial balloon for a mostly residential development with a high-rise building of at least 20 floors at Hamilton Avenue and Cottage Place," [Councilman] Martin said. "There would be ground floor retail, some smaller buildings that look like townhouses, and a hidden parking garage [with open space on top]."

Redevelopment eyed for aging White Plains Mall

Looks like a more detailed pitch was made regarding redevelopment of the White Plains Mall...

OWNERS OF WHITE PLAINS MALL PROPOSE “JUMP START” to City Transit District. Seen Bringing Restaurants, Public Food Craft Hall, 600 Rental Apartments of Varying Heights-in Walking Distance of Transit. Been in Development in Consultation wit

Old 12-02-2016, 07:18 PM

175 posts, read 421,658 times
That's an interesting design. I dunno about the center park space (the tricky part will be getting the right shops/cafes into the retail spaces so that it actually fills up with people), but the building itself is pretty attractive. I like the decorative(?) balconies and the big cornice separating the retail from the residential levels... good to see a building with traditional details that's not just a giant flat brick.

FYI, the label on the closeup rendering is wrong (took me a minute to figure out). It's not looking west from Hamilton and Cottage, it's looking northeast from Hamilton and MLK, with the Ritz-Carlton in the distance.

Have they announced the retail tenants for 55 Bank Street yet? I've been surprised by how quickly that building is going up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County