U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 07:01 PM

815 posts, read 1,984,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsCN View Post
How am I uninformed? I'm looking for information. WP is not white enough, unfortunately.
You are uninformed if you think Mamaroneck is what you're looking for. There is a large Hispanic population here.

Basically, in Westchester, the middle class neighborhoods are not going to be "white enough" for you (although I think Eastchester might fit the bill in most ways) and the really "white" neighborhoods are going to be out of your price range and most certainly won't have any strip malls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2015, 07:03 PM

4,541 posts, read 861,936 times
Quote:
Call me racist all you want. I came from Long Island, which had an abundance of white, middle class, quiet neighborhoods where you could go to 7-11 and feel like you were still in America. I haven't found anywhere even close to that in Westchester county, unless I want to pay 500k for a shack in Mamonereck. I'm talking middle class, 90-95% white with strip malls. Nothing crazy.
It's incredible that certain individuals would even consider this a racist question. The irony is, if any other race asked a similar question, that wouldn't be considered racist at all.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:28 PM

9 posts, read 19,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
It's incredible that certain individuals would even consider this a racist question. The irony is, if any other race asked a similar question, that wouldn't be considered racist at all.
I agree but I had to preface it to make sure I got an answer. I don't actually think it's racist.

Old 12-09-2015, 07:35 PM

7,281 posts, read 8,848,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kletter1mann View Post
What an amazing post.

In any case, all you really need to do is avoid Yonkers, New Rochelle, Port Chester, Mt Vernon and a few specific neighborhoods in some other towns. Oh wait, you want strip malls and a nearby 7-11, almost I forgot. And, reading between the lines, $500k is too much. Sorry bud, sounds like LI is a better fit for you. Troll.
Why is the OP a troll? There sure all threads all over the place asking about neighborhoods gay, transgender, muslim , black , asian and hispanic friendly.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:46 PM

12,264 posts, read 9,424,555 times
Quote:
Call me racist all you want. I came from Long Island, which had an abundance of white, middle class, quiet neighborhoods where you could go to 7-11 and feel like you were still in America. I haven't found anywhere even close to that in Westchester county, unless I want to pay 500k for a shack in Mamonereck. I'm talking middle class, 90-95% white with strip malls. Nothing crazy.
Just go here...

http://www.city-data.com/

It will give the demographic breakdown of most towns in America.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:20 AM

15,490 posts, read 17,673,514 times
Quote:

I have no idea what you're saying. If English isn't your native language I'd suggest just keeping it very, very simple.
chkthankgod is one of the most knowledgeable and informative posters on the topic of New York State. If you cannot understand his posts, it is your loss.

Old 12-10-2015, 07:09 AM

56,342 posts, read 80,600,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath V View Post
Read my previous answer which essentially states that it isn't a tit for tat question due to simple demographics and socio-historical factors. It really isn't that hard to understand, especially given the amount of websites that have demographic information like this website.

@ABQConvict: Thanks!

Old 12-10-2015, 07:57 AM

647 posts, read 483,402 times
I'd look in Katonah. 93% white Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
, and you can find homes such as this one:

11 Macaulay Rd, Katonah, NY 10536 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Last edited by Yac; 09-13-2018 at 05:42 AM..

Old 12-10-2015, 01:07 PM

629 posts, read 489,289 times
What is even considered middle class in the NYC suburbs in terms of annual income? Obviously it depends heavily on your net worth and number of children, etc., but a town like Dobbs Ferry has lots of families making around $150,000 combined. They are certainly not rich and probably not upper middle class per se, but that seems like a high income to be truly middle class.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:16 PM

647 posts, read 483,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
What is even considered middle class in the NYC suburbs in terms of annual income? Obviously it depends heavily on your net worth and number of children, etc., but a town like Dobbs Ferry has lots of families making around $150,000 combined. They are certainly not rich and probably not upper middle class per se, but that seems like a high income to be truly middle class.
150k in WC is middle class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or