Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:03 AM

5 posts, read 9,499 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

I'm planning to move in purchase city NY for my new job. I would like to get some idea to look for residing with my family . Can someone help me with any suggestions sharing if there is any Desi INdian's staying community near by Purchase to move in . Is it decent good place to look for schoolings and access to commute for basic needed ... PLease help me sharing updates if possible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2016, 09:09 AM

Can I have any places nearby suggested for me , is it advisable to look within Westchester county or near by places in CT. I'm specifically concerned not to travel more than half work for my work which would be comfortable for me ... Can someone provide me some suggesstionss

Old 01-06-2016, 09:21 AM

71 posts, read 104,132 times
There are many possibilities but before we start throwing out suggestions, do you plan to rent or own? How much do you want to spend on your home. Are schools important to you? That will help us direct you to a comfortable community.

Old 01-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Hi Friend, Im looking to rent an apartment or condo for my family ... Schools is not on top priority at this point for me. Im just looking for suggestions for places to reside for easy commute to work and for basic facilities nearby , in pretty decent safe community

Old 01-06-2016, 01:05 PM

If you are looking to rent, it's really a question of they type of community you would like since you won't have a long term commitment. Yonkers, New Rochelle and White Plains are all cities with really nice pockets. If you are't interested in a city, Tuchahoe/Eastchester, Mamaroneck/Larchmont and Dobbs Ferry/Hastings/Irvington/Tarrytown, Rye/Ryebrook are all nice cluster communities. These are just some of my favorite areas, I'm sure other posters will add to the list. Certainly, come and check out the areas before you commit.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:28 PM

1,186 posts, read 960,772 times
If you are moving without access to a car, I'd suggest living in (or near) White Plains. You'll have many rental options to choose from in a variety of price ranges and, since renting is temporary, it will give you a chance to explore the area more. Additionally, assuming you don't plan on commuting by car, White Plains station is very large and has service by bus to Purchase. Finally, you may find more access to large shopping facilities, restaurants and stores vs other smaller Westchester towns. White Plains is really more like a city than a town in Westchester.

Finally, there is a good sized Indian community in the area so you will have access to restaurants and shopping (grocery). I currently have renters from India here in Dobbs who struggle with the lack of walkable access to larger stores, so just something to consider as Westchester is largely car-dependent. If you plan to bring a car, your options will open up more significantly.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:09 PM

Thanks for your inputs . I will keep in mind and have some research done on this now.

Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 PM

Can I have some communities names suggested to look for rental apartment .. in WHite plain NY

Old 01-06-2016, 03:03 PM

Your rental possibilities are endless in White Plains, do you prefer a building or private residence? Do you require parking? There are currently over 60 rental units available on MLS (2+ bedrooms), ranging from $2000-7900/month. There are tons of other websites you can search as well. The rental market has a pretty quick turn over, you should seriously start looking 2-3 months before you intend to move.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:26 AM

1,186 posts, read 960,772 times
You can start here, but as the poster above mentioned, there are tons of sites with the same information which you can filter on depending on your budget and how many rooms, etc. If you are new to the area, just make sure to do thorough research to ensure that you only rent from a reputable entity/individual to avoid any issues around rent collections, etc.

Rental Listings in White Plains NY - 149 Rentals | Zillow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County