Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 03:55 PM

35 posts, read 115,648 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to buy a sectional or a couch + love seat and am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for places to go? I live in White Plains so the closer the better but I definitely don't mind driving for a great place. I've never spent decent money on furniture up until now so I really have no idea what's good and what's not. I went to Raymour and Flanigans up the street and saw a couple leather sectionals that recline that looked and felt great for around $2k to $3k but have no idea if they're actually good quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 10:09 AM

395 posts, read 1,617,730 times
My favorite is Country Willow in Katonah (Harris Road exit off of the Saw Mill). They have traditional/transitional pieces and some that are more rustic and vintage-y so if you like slick and contemporary it would not be for you, but they do custom pieces and the store itself is charming and beautiful and worth the visit just for the cute knick knacks you can find there. They do kids furniture as well.

Country Willow | Furniture Store, Bedroom Furniture, Dining Room Furniture, Sofas, Chairs, Desks, Kids Furniture

Old 10-15-2012, 12:58 PM

8 posts, read 43,008 times
Stickley Audi is very good for traditional furniture, particularly in the Arts and Craft style. We've bought a number of items from them, including two recliners and a sofa, and like them a lot.

They have a store in White Plains. It was being renovated the last time we visited, though, which meant that they only had a fraction of their furniture on display. You might want to call ahead to see if they've completed the renovation.

I got a recliner for my study there for about $3k, so they seem to be in your price range. But you should be aware that they seem to have a complicated pricing system: their branded showrooms sell at a steep discount off their sticker price and they seem to run frequent sales - the next one may be around Thanksgiving.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:22 PM

I actually went to Stickley over the weekend. They didn't really have what I was looking for but that may have been due to renovating. In fact they really didn't have any of the type of couches I want. I'm really after a leather sectional that is super comfortable and might recline as well. This place seemed like it had more "showy" furniture that wouldn't actually be used. Again that could just be due to the renovation.

I'll definitely check out Country Willow as I actually work in Katonah

Old 10-16-2012, 11:21 AM

8 posts, read 43,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelectro View Post
I actually went to Stickley over the weekend. They didn't really have what I was looking for but that may have been due to renovating. In fact they really didn't have any of the type of couches I want. I'm really after a leather sectional that is super comfortable and might recline as well. This place seemed like it had more "showy" furniture that wouldn't actually be used. Again that could just be due to the renovation.

I'll definitely check out Country Willow as I actually work in Katonah
Stickley is very traditional. Perhaps this is a bit off-the-wall, but would you consider this: Lovesac Alternative Furniture | Contemporary Furniture, Bean Bag Chairs, Beanbags and More. The company name will raise eyebrows, but their stuff is very comfortable and they do have sectionals. We have a couple of their enormous beanbags in our basement. We love them. They have a store in White Plains, too.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 PM

369 posts, read 633,233 times
We bought our couch at Macy's Furniture in NJ.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,573,823 times
Bloomingdale's outlet on 9A. DEFINITELY hit or miss but when you hit, you hit big.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 AM

156 posts, read 304,770 times
I love and adore Country Willow but I can't see them carrying a leather sectional. Good luck in your search.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SulfurDog View Post
I love and adore Country Willow but I can't see them carrying a leather sectional. Good luck in your search.
I actually attempted to go there yesterday after work but they close at 5:30. Weird.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:05 PM

31 posts, read 97,357 times
We bought a sectional in Country Willow, but I would also ck out Macy's furniture in paramus or Hearld Sq....they have a very limited seleciton in White Plains. I dont' know their quality, but you might want to ck out Montage and Savieth (they have an outlet in New Rochelle,too) on Central Ave.

Also, Raymour & Flannigan has an outlet in Nanuet, of coarse hit or miss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County