Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 08:14 PM

3 posts, read 9,033 times

Advertisements

Try AJ's Burgers 542 North Ave it open January opposite City Hall in New Rochelle. The old OB's or Tammeny Hall depending on how old you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 09:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,033 times
Default ajs burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbmkj View Post
My favorite is the Blazer in Somers,it doesnt' look like much from the outside, but they are known for their hamburgers, and they are pretty big! They have great steak fries too. Chicken parms are pretty good there too. I must admit I haven't been in a year or two so hopefully they are still as good as I remeber them.

My second choice for a good burger is Finnegans in Yorktown Heights by Kmart..

In New Rochelle 542 North Ave. Opposite City Hall AJ'S BURGERS...the old OB's or Tammaney Hall depending on your age. The best burgers, sliders, pizza, fries...AJ used to own the Original Wedge Inn in the Bronx so there is great Italian food too.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:30 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,574,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-1 View Post
Hi all,

My cousin and I have recently started a contest to find the best burger in Westchester. We've been to a couple of places that we'd heard of so far but nothing really amazing. Thus, I ask the community:

Where in Westchester are the very best hamburgers sold? What's your favorite spot?

If I get some decent responses I'll visit and summarize my findings here.

Thanks.
1. Candelight Inn in Scarsdale.

2. Some bar on 9A in Ardsley (hole in the wall, forgot the name). Came with grilled onions.

Old 08-13-2010, 12:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,696 times
Poppy's cafe in Rye has great burgers & the chili has a nice kick to it.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:21 PM

177 posts, read 466,771 times
Many years ago...Greasy Nicks (Leno's Clam Bar) on Pelham Road on the NR/Pelham border. This thread made me think of them. Are they still serving them?

Old 08-17-2010, 02:46 PM

11,295 posts, read 18,876,476 times
I'm surprised no one mentioned Gordy's on New Rochelle Road in the Chester Heights section of Eastchester (near the Mt. Vernon border): GORDYS BURGERHOUSE - Westchester County

Blows Candlelight Inn away (which to me is more of a wings joint....can't top Candlelight's wings though) or Leno's Clam Bar. And cool to have your own TV at you table.....

Old 08-17-2010, 04:22 PM

69 posts, read 254,835 times
Default Best Burgers

What amazes me is the lack of great burgers. I agree with Piper's Kilt, Blazer, and Candlelight. I would add Ruby's in Rye and their other place Lexington Grill in Mt. Kisco. Ruby's is a bit better.

Why aren't there more? Almost every burger in Manhattan is great. Yesterday I was in Brooklyn at lunchtime and went to a diner on Montague St and had a great burger! As good as the top 3 mentioned above.
A nowhere place I never heard of. (across the street from Five Guys, which itself is pretty good.)

What's with all these places with mediocre burgers? Even Red Robin is good but nowhere to be seen around here.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 AM

2,619 posts, read 7,029,336 times
Another vote for the Blazer. the best of the bunch. They don't do much but what they do is terrific. Their tomato-bacon soup is to die for. Cash only!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County