U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 01:01 PM

15 posts, read 5,871 times

Advertisements

Hello friends

First of all, I want to say that I love your country and visit it every year. I dream move my life there. Sorry for my poor english.

I write to you from Spain to ask something.

At the end of October I will go to the United States and I have 4 nights since I left Boston and arrived in New York.

We want to enjoy the Halloween party in the USA.

I tell you my itinerary between Bosto and NY:
* 10/28: I leave Boston and go to Bridgeport to see the Monster Jam show in webster bank arena. I sleep at Fairfield CO.
* 10/29: We go to Mystic and we spend the night there.
* 10/30: we go to Newport and we spend the night there.
* 10/31: We go to Elmsford, which is near Sleepy Hollow to visit it on Halloween night.

my doubt are:
-I made a reservation in Elmsford because of we want to see how is American Halloween Party, witch decorated houses and kids trick or treating. You think we will be able see that in SleepyHollow on 31st of October?
-What do you advise me?

thanks to lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2018, 12:09 PM

626 posts, read 485,862 times
Check out the Great Jack O Lantern Blaze https://hudsonvalley.org/events/blaze/

Old 09-17-2018, 06:19 PM

12 posts, read 7,215 times
I have just opened an Underground Supper Club in Westchester County, where people come sit at a communal table over a 5 course sit down dinner. It is a way to meet new people, share great food & interesting conversation. My "Dishes to Die For" Halloween Party will be held on Saturday, October 27th and people are coming in costume. If your dates change, I would love to have you. My goal is to eventually have a mix of global travelers and local New Yorker's all sharing a table. Check out my website at www.Broomsticksweeties.com And it is BYOB! If anyone else is looking for a fun thing to do, check out the website and come with a friend or by yourself.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:53 PM

15 posts, read 5,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD1978 View Post
Check out the Great Jack O Lantern Blaze https://hudsonvalley.org/events/blaze/

Is it really worth it?

What is the best hour to go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoB View Post
I have just opened an Underground Supper Club in Westchester County, where people come sit at a communal table over a 5 course sit down dinner. It is a way to meet new people, share great food & interesting conversation. My "Dishes to Die For" Halloween Party will be held on Saturday, October 27th and people are coming in costume. If your dates change, I would love to have you. My goal is to eventually have a mix of global travelers and local New Yorker's all sharing a table. Check out my website at www.Broomsticksweeties.com And it is BYOB! If anyone else is looking for a fun thing to do, check out the website and come with a friend or by yourself.

Oh it looks great. I am very sad because we can´t speak english and it would be dificult.

thanks

Old 10-02-2018, 01:46 PM

2,032 posts, read 2,405,706 times
If you want to see Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, then I would recommend trying to get a AirBnB in downtown Tarrytown. You can walk to Sleepy Hollow from there. Further, if you want to see the Halloween Blaze (which is pretty cool. Tickets sell fast, so you would want to buy now, if there are any left), staying in Tarrytown will ensure that you are close to the MetroNorth train, which can take you to Croton.
I wouldn't stay in Elmsford unless you have a reason to stay there, just because getting around could be a little more difficult.
If you want to walk around and see Halloween decorations, you can just go by foot around Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow. People will have decorations up all over the place.

Unless you really want to be in New York, you might alternatively consider just going to Salem, Massachusetts from Boston. It is well-known for its Halloween celebrations, considering its history.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM

276 posts, read 557,230 times
I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but I would recommend considering the Village Halloween Parade in NYC rather than going to Sleepy Hollow. It is a unique experience and quite amazing.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:39 PM

283 posts, read 197,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hominamad View Post
I don't know exactly what you're looking for, but I would recommend considering the Village Halloween Parade in NYC rather than going to Sleepy Hollow. It is a unique experience and quite amazing.
This parade is a great time and very fun event. I would also recommend checking it out, but that does mean you will miss the typical Halloween night experience in a suburban neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or