Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2018, 11:23 AM

2 posts, read 1,678 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of purchasing a new build in the Lake Carmel area, but the seller/builder is still waiting on the certificate (septic and well inspection I think) from the Putnam County Dept of Health so the towns building dept can issue the CO. It took over a month from the day of filing the paperwork for the final inspector from the health dept to come out and do the final walk around. From what I know, no issues had been found but now the health dept is "processing" the paperwork. This processing has reached over a months time and no one can get any answers from the dept of health other then it will be done when its done.

The town building dept tells me everything else is in place for the CO except for the dept of health certificate and they cant do anything until they receive that. Anyone from the area have dealings with the Putnam County Dept of Health and maybe give me advice on what to do next? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2018, 11:34 AM

972 posts, read 1,380,775 times
What does you attorney say?

Old 11-01-2018, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
What does you attorney say?
He says wait since he couldn't get anywhere with them also since the health dept will only speak to the seller/owner of the home.

Last edited by redonk; 11-01-2018 at 12:13 PM..

Old 11-02-2018, 07:24 AM

2,187 posts, read 2,100,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redonk View Post
I am in the process of purchasing a new build in the Lake Carmel area, but the seller/builder is still waiting on the certificate (septic and well inspection I think) from the Putnam County Dept of Health so the towns building dept can issue the CO. It took over a month from the day of filing the paperwork for the final inspector from the health dept to come out and do the final walk around. From what I know, no issues had been found but now the health dept is "processing" the paperwork. This processing has reached over a months time and no one can get any answers from the dept of health other then it will be done when its done.

The town building dept tells me everything else is in place for the CO except for the dept of health certificate and they cant do anything until they receive that. Anyone from the area have dealings with the Putnam County Dept of Health and maybe give me advice on what to do next? Thanks.
Notoriously slow. A friend once waited 4 months for a permit to add a room to their house, but since it involved adding to a house with septic, the department of health had to approve before the town could issue the permit. The town was done with its review in 2 weeks, but told her the same thing you were told. It took the Dept. of HEalth several months. Good luck, wish I could help but I think you are in their slow moving hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of: