Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2019, 03:25 PM

10 posts, read 21,453 times

Advertisements

Are there any elementary schools in Westchester that do not use or have limited use of technology (iPads, computers, etc) in the elementary grades? My daughter will be starting 3rd grade in September and is coming from a private progressive school where there is no use of technology in the classroom. She thrives there and we’re hoping to find a public school that won’t be so much of a culture shock to her (and us). We are currently in the Eastchester School District but are looking to move before she starts 3rd grade. We also don’t allow her to use ipads or computers at home so we are looking for a school district that doesn’t require homework on iPads either. I’m not opposed to occasional research on computers since she will be going into 3rd grade, but I’m against daily use of it. Does any such public elementary school exist here in Westchester? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 08:00 AM

6 posts, read 4,030 times
Did anyone answer this? I would say, sadly, that probably no such public elementary school exists here like that! I totally get where you are coming from though.
We send one of our sons to the Hudson Lab School in Hastings on Hudson. Check it out! It's a project based learning school and we think it's incredible.
Our other son, a teenager, goes to Hastings High School. He is fully immersed in the screens world, needless to say...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County