U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-28-2019, 02:49 PM
 
33 posts, read 13,986 times
Reputation: 32

Advertisements

I am wondering if you live in Larchmont, but are not in walking distance to the train, if there are parking spots available? Is there a waitlist? are there alternative parking lots?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-28-2019, 08:36 PM
 
88 posts, read 25,633 times
Reputation: 31
This should help you out...


https://villageoflarchmont.org/parking-lot-hours/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 07:48 AM
 
33 posts, read 13,986 times
Reputation: 32
right I've seen that, it just shows me where the parking is but no information on whether lot #1 or #2 have available permits or if there is a wait list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 09:57 AM
 
88 posts, read 25,633 times
Reputation: 31
Permits are only available to residents who live in the “village of Larchmont” and it costs around $60 a month. You would need to check the list to see if your property falls within the range. As far as parking availability goes, lot #1 and #2 are full but #3 still has some space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 01:35 PM
 
88 posts, read 25,633 times
Reputation: 31
Here is the link to the street list:

http://www.townofmamaroneckny.org/Do...ist-PDF?bidId=
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 01:44 PM
 
33 posts, read 13,986 times
Reputation: 32
super helpful, thanks! We've seen some houses with a larchmont address, really close to town and even in chatsworth elementary, but just checked and they are not considered to be in the village!! Guess we have no choice but to cross those of our list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 01:56 PM
 
1 posts, read 237 times
Reputation: 10
Lot No.1 (on Myrtle on the north side of the train tracks) is for those in the Town of Mamaroneck so if you are looking at houses that are Larchmont P.O. but not Village of Larchmont you would park there. You can either pay $725 for an annual pass or pay $80 and then pay per day using the meters. The information is on the Town of Mamaroneck website. It says "Sold Out" now but that is because the parking passes turn over in May. We moved over the summer a few years ago and did not have a problem getting a pass when we moved, FWIW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 02:50 PM
 
88 posts, read 25,633 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shengjiang View Post
Lot No.1 (on Myrtle on the north side of the train tracks) is for those in the Town of Mamaroneck so if you are looking at houses that are Larchmont P.O. but not Village of Larchmont you would park there. You can either pay $725 for an annual pass or pay $80 and then pay per day using the meters. The information is on the Town of Mamaroneck website. It says "Sold Out" now but that is because the parking passes turn over in May. We moved over the summer a few years ago and did not have a problem getting a pass when we moved, FWIW.



Permits for non-residents ended last September
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 03:39 PM
 
52 posts, read 32,689 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by beam10 View Post
super helpful, thanks! We've seen some houses with a larchmont address, really close to town and even in chatsworth elementary, but just checked and they are not considered to be in the village!! Guess we have no choice but to cross those of our list.
FYI: "in the village" also means you have to pay property tax to the village
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2019, 04:02 PM
 
517 posts, read 415,772 times
Reputation: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_the_what View Post
FYI: "in the village" also means you have to pay property tax to the village
Yes, but your town tax bill will be lower than the town tax bill for similar properties in the unincorporated section of the Town. This is because, amongst other things, the village provides police services, and you therefore don't have to pay the town for this. The bottomline is that if you are in the village you will have an additional tax bill to pay, but your town tax + village tax should equal (roughly) what your town tax bill would be if your house were not in the village. All your doing is splitting your municipal tax bill into two bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top