U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 427 times

Advertisements

Hi folks. This is my first thread posting, so if I'm doing anything incorrectly, please give me a heads up.

***NOTE*** I asked for advice and someone named VA Yankee did in fact advise me. Here is my post again, now with numerous edits.

Stained glass windows are very much a part of temples and churches, and that is especially true in the greater NYC and Westchester County area. Please add photos and comments here of stained glass you are familiar with, and grow this thread.

The late stained glass artist Robert Pinart was quite the extraordinary character, and his work is well represented in synagogues and Jewish community centers all around New York, as well as windows in Washington DC's National Cathedral and other major commissions. He was absolutely one of the leading lights in the world of stained glass in the latter half of the 20th Century,

At one time in the 1980s, a then quite young Denise Amses worked with Pinart on a pair of panels. Ms. Amses is now at the top of the architectural glass world, with back to back commissions in both the Empire State Building and in 30 Rock.

We own those panels and placed them with the venerable Calderwood Gallery. Still, the panels have yet to find the right home. I thought City-Data might be a good forum to get the word out that they exist.

When you Google Denise Amses, one of the hotels owned by the Domb family comes up along with all the other news items about her work. They apparently commissioned a piece for a penthouse suite. The Dombs are avid and devoted benefactors of synagogues in the region.

I hope that by announcing the work here, that someone perhaps on the board of one of the many aforementioned temples and community centers will be interested for their congregation or private application. The panels do deserve to be placed where the sun comes pouring in.

I can provide links, of course... OFF LIST. I hope this rings a bright bell among Jewish folks in New York and Westchester County.

Ideas?

Again, as this is my first posting, please feel free to advise. I believe the edits now in place address the concerns of VA Yankee. Thanks!

Again, I invite folks to post stained glass windows, photos and info, that can be seen in temples and community centers in their neighborhoods. Enjoy!

Last edited by ToddlyMann; 04-10-2019 at 04:13 PM.. Reason: fix typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 04:38 PM

8,611 posts, read 7,043,863 times
I’ll allow this for now based on how you reposted it. Just be advised it will be monitored.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Last edited by Airborneguy; 04-11-2019 at 07:48 AM..

Old 04-12-2019, 06:36 AM

2 posts, read 427 times
Default A link to a few examples. NEW CITY JEWISH CENTER, and others. Please add your own. Thanks!

Here is a nice article about Pinart and his glass in temples and churches. Note the handsome photo with the New City Jewish Center, in Wetchester County.

https://tilesinnewyork.blogspot.com/...-de-verre.html

Again, just learning how to add things here. If there is a better way to add a link, please let me know.

Thanks!

Todd
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County