Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 PM

61 posts, read 163,484 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had insight about which school system is better. I was hoping to find out the differences between elementarty, middle and High Schools. I was hoping someone can let me know what are the differences between Fox Lane and John Jay. Thanks to everyone for your time and responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM

128 posts, read 446,970 times
two excellent school districts. Katonah is more competivie in terms of a parents perspective. thats not to say that Pound Ridge doesnt have its high achievers, but its more prevelant in Katonah. both John Jay and Fox Lane are two great high school. both excel in numerous athletic programs. the Pound Ridge school district is more diverse interms of student population. but the high schools are roughly the same size. in terms of better? i would say Katonah only because i personally would feel more comfortable there. theres nothing wrong with fox lane, but its all personal prefence. John Jay is a very spirited school, just like Fox Lane. if you are looking for diversity, go with Fox Lane. Fox Lane is like a very stereotypical high school. all kinds of kids and cliques. its like one of those high schools you see in a movie. both schools, however, have excelent athletic facilities. both have turf fields with lights which look great at night. but at the end of the day. honestly i think the respective towns assosicated with the schools will answer your question as to which district is better. is PR (Mt. Kisco, Bedford, Bedford Hills, Pound Ridge), or Katonah (Katonah, South Salem, Goldens Bridge, Cross River) better? hope that helps. ask as many more questions as you please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County