U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-07-2008, 07:42 PM

7 posts, read 42,215 times
Default Daily commuter parking at White Plains train stations?

I am considering moving to White Plains area, but would have a daily commute to NYC.
I know that the waiting lists for parking at the train stations are years long, but does anyone know about daily parking ($$, availability)? I wouldn't need to park until around 9:15am and worry that all the daily parking would be gone by then.
Any suggestions? Are the city buses a clean/safe/reliable alternative?
thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 PM

701 posts, read 2,032,181 times
I am not sure about the wait list for White Plains permits. The garage is a bit funny -- most spaces require a permit only until 10, this requiring permits for commuters. But after 10 am, the whole garage is open to daily parkers, although it is often full by then. But when necessary, there are other pay lots you can use within easy walking distance from the train, such as 12 hour parking at the Galleria mall.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:52 AM

490 posts, read 1,119,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by commuter978 View Post
I am considering moving to White Plains area, but would have a daily commute to NYC.
I know that the waiting lists for parking at the train stations are years long, but does anyone know about daily parking ($$, availability)? I wouldn't need to park until around 9:15am and worry that all the daily parking would be gone by then.
thanks
_________
The city buses are a good, inexpensive and clean alternative. But you might not need either parking (which was $6.50 for daily last time I checked) or bus. One of the things I truly love about WP is how democratic it is. You might find some rental that is walking distance to either WP or North WP train so look into that as well.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:23 PM

373 posts, read 914,517 times
Quote:
thanks
There's a new lot that they just built between the train station and the County Center. I walk thru that lot on my way to the station (8:20-ish AM) and it's still half empty at that time. I'm not sure if they offer monthly permits there, but you can park there daily for like $6 per day (not sure about the exact amount).

Old 11-14-2008, 08:57 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,313,917 times
Bee-Line has great connecting service with the train, especially compared to the situation with "Long Island Bus" here in Nassau. I've been to White Plains numerous times and am quite impressed with the ease of traveling with the bus.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 9,099 times
Default Parking in White Plains

Quote:
thanks

Not sure if it's too late to answer this; I put my name on a waiting list at WP when I was thinking of moving here, by the time I finialized everything I only had a year wait, (though the wait is much longer now) I believe you have to give them a WP address.

Every December 15 the garage offers "daily" paid parking passes to legal residents of WP, not sure exactly how long the offer is open for since it's been 5 years since I had one; the bummer is you have to pay each day, but the great thing is you can park just like a regular pass holder any time of the day; you have to renew each year on Dec 15 until your name is up on the wait list.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 AM

1 posts, read 5,452 times
what's the number to call if I didn't have time to pay because I was running to catch my train. Isn't it 1-888-925-park or something? I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County