Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:11 PM

8 posts, read 21,001 times

Advertisements

I second this! We had two of our three sons at Greenwich and had fabulous experiencesboth times (two different doctors). It was really wonderful, and easy to get to from lower Westchester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,468 times
Hi there.
I've just moved to Pound Ridge with my husband & 2 year old girl. I'm also expecting in late October. I am looking for recommendations on a pediatrician & a midwife/ob gyn. I saw your thread and wondered who you used & what your experience was like.

I'm also moved here from Brooklyn. We're really happy here.

THanks for your help!
Katherine

Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM

131 posts, read 792,677 times
Well, my kids are now 16 and 18 so I can't give you any up-to-date advice about doctors or hospitals--although I will say that my younger son had a ruptured appendix when he was 9 and was in White Plains Hospital for a week, and we were really pleased with the care he got. But that's not really relevant, is it? :-)
But just speaking from experience, I'd advise finding a doctor you really like and trust first, and then going from there. Your doctor is going to be affiliated with a certain hospital (or two) and that will influence where you go to deliver. Also, remember that you're going to have to find a pediatrician as well, before the baby is born, and it's good if the pediatrician can also be affiliated with the same hospital. Then he/she will come and see the new baby after it's born.
I personally would not be that influenced by the offer of luxury accomodations, special dinners, etc. We had that (our children were born at Phelps in North Tarrytown, now Sleepy Hollow) and it was nice, but let's face it, you will have just given birth, will be uncomfortable, and will probably not have had much sleep. It's definitely not the same as having dinner in a nice restaurant! I think it's much more important to be in a well-regarded hospital with doctors you trust.
Good luck!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 AM

258 posts, read 907,551 times
Northern Westchester and Greenwich are both good hospitals and are similar. The level of care and amenities like special dinners will be pretty similar although the lobby at Greenwich looks like a hotel. They are both fine and will handle any basic issues that can arise. If you want better NICU care because you worry about the "what if's" than go with White Plains or Westchester Medical Center. They have superior NICUs and White Plains is affiliated with Columbia Pres and they share many doctors.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 AM

223 posts, read 828,064 times
I have to say I was impressed with everything about Greenwich hospital, not just the dinner or lobby. Everyone on the staff I dealt with were so caring and nice to me and tried to make me as comfortable as possible. Labor nurses were great. I also really like my doctor and he has gained several new patients based on my referrals

Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 AM

32 posts, read 123,378 times
Mount Kisco Medical Group has a great group of doctors and they are across the street from Northern Westchester Hospital. They also have offices in Yorktown and Somers.

I've heard good things about these hospitals in order:

1) Greenwich if you are near the Westchester border
2) Northern Westchester if you are in the northern section of the county
3) White Plains for central and southern residents
4) Phelps for rivertown residents
5) Lawrence for southern residents

Look for doctors affiliated with these hospitals.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM

506 posts, read 1,312,970 times
My older child was born at Northern Westchester, and my younger at White Plains hospital. Since I'm the father, they both seemed the same to me, but my wife said WP hospital was much better.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM

506 posts, read 1,312,970 times
BTW Phelps has an awful reputation, Raymathew.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County