Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 PM

49 posts, read 158,815 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Anyone live here or know someone who does?

Just curious as to what it's like, is it worth the higher rent?

thanks,
ellen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 08:09 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
I don't know anyone who lives in that building, and to be honest in my circle I don't know anyone who can afford that building. I can remember when it first opened, I think they had a banner saying the rents started at 3k and up. Thats a very high rent compared to what you could get elsewhere in the neighborhood although in the new waterfront developments this type of rent is common. If you can afford it its cool for what it is, the water taxi and metro north are literally right there.

I think the crime on a few of the blocks north and west of there can get out of control sometimes although its not as bad as it used to be. I know I mentioned in a post elsewhere on here they tried hard to gent up that area and I don't feel it worked, maybe in another twenty years thing will be different.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:27 PM

49 posts, read 158,815 times
Wow, thanks. That's sure not in my price range at all.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 AM

2,006 posts, read 4,306,974 times
Ellie, I did a little research to check what the current prices are in that bldg and on their website it says ranging from 1,400 to 3,200. I guess they've had to come down on the rents, something I expected that would happen with the current economic situation.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,335 times
66 main is a really great building! Units are beautiful with granite and washer dryer in the unit. Whats really nice is that they do free events for their tenants. Like parties at this really good italian restaraunt zuppa!! I have a friend that lives their and he loves it!! He's friends with management which is cool! SO i crash the parties sometimes.. Lots of fun!!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 AM

1 posts, read 3,126 times
Default 66 Main Street is a terrible building

If I wasn't locked into their absurd 45-page lease agreement for 18 months I would have moved out a few months after moving in. While the apartments may appear nice, everything is so cheaply made and will break shortly after you move in. Good luck getting maintenance to fix things. This is a "luxury" building run by slumlords. The rent is way too high for this kind of poor management and garbage neighborhood. There is nothing "up and coming" about this area. You might as well live in the projects the next block over, at least you would save some money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County