U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 10:56 AM

10 posts, read 24,553 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are seeking a single-family or townhouse rental for $2300 or less in Westchester county no more than 2 miles from a train station with an hour or less ride to Grand Central.

Also needs to be on a quiet street -- we're moving from Brooklyn and looking for peace! We also do not want an apt. that is part of a two-family house unless it is a duplex.

We are a quiet, professional couple with over $150K total income and excellent credit, as well as 2 well-behaved cats. I work at home and my husband commutes.

If anyone has any suggestions, we would be grateful! We hope to move sometime over the six weeks or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 AM

7,079 posts, read 34,464,964 times
Please: NO realtors or links to real estate sites, including specific properties.

Thank you.

Old 10-06-2009, 08:18 PM

55 posts, read 154,757 times
Default I'd like to know too

I have the same request.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:14 AM

54 posts, read 201,533 times
Although your choices will be limited based on your parameters, you should be able to find a few modest options in Chappaqua, as well as possibly in the Rivertowns area (Tarrytown, Ardsley, and Dobbs Ferry- unlikely to find anything in that range in Irvington). Also, there would be a bit more selection a little further up in Croton and/or Cortland Manor, but I am not sure if that commute would be acceptable (probably typically a bit over an hour into NYC, although possibly a few express trains in the 50 minute or so range). If you were able to raise your price parameter up to 3000, you would have several more options, and at 3500, should have no problems finding something nice. At 150k plus in income, assuming that is "real", you should be able to afford that, but I can certainly appreciate trying to save up. (My wife and I make twice that, and we still rent for around 3000 per month, and I am REALLY NOT looking forward to a combined mortgage/property tax bill that will be about double that, despite all the "wonders" of home ownership.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or