Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 07:30 PM

6 posts, read 47,726 times

Advertisements

Hi! Somehow in my quest for the perfect Westchester town, I have fallen in love with the idea of a community pool. I know Pleasantville and Hastings have them. Any others out there? What's the best one?

Thanks!
Anne in Brooklyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2010, 05:12 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,575,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_nyc View Post
Hi! Somehow in my quest for the perfect Westchester town, I have fallen in love with the idea of a community pool. I know Pleasantville and Hastings have them. Any others out there? What's the best one?

Thanks!
Anne in Brooklyn
Those two are good. Harrison has a great one too.

The Sprain Ridge Park -- a county park -- has a few great pools. However, the pools get very crowded, no shade and they they throw everyone out of the water often to run drills.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:59 AM

395 posts, read 1,618,162 times
I have heard that the Mt. Pleasant pool in Valhalla is very nice (new facility, etc.) - if you're in the Mt. Pleasant part of Pleasantville you can use either or both pools.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:28 AM

28 posts, read 117,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_to_nj View Post
I have heard that the Mt. Pleasant pool in Valhalla is very nice (new facility, etc.) - if you're in the Mt. Pleasant part of Pleasantville you can use either or both pools.
Eastchester has Lake Isle (5 pools, several tennis courts, 18-hole golf) for town residents.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:41 PM

866 posts, read 2,484,565 times
Scarsdale has an awesome pool complex. Four pools - olympic size, diving, kiddie, and baby pools. All in a park-like setting with a snack bar and playground. Tons of shade.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:46 PM

1,316 posts, read 5,191,452 times
Yorktown has two pool complexes for town residents, one of which is new and the other was recently redone. The one in Shrub Oak is huge, has an olympic size pool, a diving pool, a kiddie pool with fountain, and a great interactive water playground for kids over a certain height. It also has a snack bar, playground, tennis courts, skating rink and fields. The one in Yorktown Heights is smaller--it has a large pool with diving area, a kiddie pool, and a great water slide. There's also a snack bar and a very nice playground. Yorktown resident also have the beach at Sparkle Lake, which is very pretty and nice for swimming.

Cortlandt residents have a great pool. It is one huge pool with distinct areas--diving, swimming, and kids. It is the size of a small lake, and has a great beach area (the sand goes right down into the pool), with a nice playground.

Croton residents can use the Cortlandt pool. They also have Silver Lake, a very nice beach on the Croton River which is lovely (though the swimming can be dangerous depending on the currents).

I've heard the new complex in Mt Kisco is nice, and I know Katonah redid its pool a few years ago--but the above are the only ones I've been to.

Old 01-09-2010, 08:02 PM

6 posts, read 47,726 times
Thanks for all the replies! After enduring the city pools in NYC, all of these sound pretty great! Per my recent post, I am thinking a lot about Croton on Hudson!

Thanks!
Anne

Old 01-15-2010, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 25,562 times
Mt. Pleasant town pool is pretty good, it has a kiddie pool, a water slide, diving pool, and a big general pool that divided into a shallow pool with a shower mushroom and a laned deep pool. you can play beach volley ball, or rent board games.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:01 AM

11,295 posts, read 18,882,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponytrekker View Post
Those two are good. Harrison has a great one too.

The Sprain Ridge Park -- a county park -- has a few great pools. However, the pools get very crowded, no shade and they they throw everyone out of the water often to run drills.
If find for some reason they keep the water a lot colder at Sprain Ridge for some reason (even warn you with a sign when you come in) than the other county pools (Saxon Woods, the "wave pool" at Willson Woods) for some reason. Tibbets Brook Pool is supposed to be reopen next year as a "water park" of some sort.

Old 01-16-2010, 06:49 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anne_nyc View Post
Pound Ridge, without a doubt. The town park is closer to a country club than a municipal pool. So much so that the folks from nearby New Canaan try to sneak in. And new Canaan ain't chopped liver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County