Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:31 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,809,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
is it permisable to tell me who your wonderful realtor is?
Realtor/real estate agency recommendations aren't allowed on the open forum (per the Terms of Service), but members are free to DM names to you .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 06:44 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,521,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbread View Post
Unfortunately, NC mountain land is getting way too developed, congested, and overpriced. Unbridled development from people coming from out of state is ruining a way of life for the people who are from here. If you want to save money, I guarantee you can find much cheaper mountain land in the surrounding states. It's a free country, but the land sure ain't.
I would never build. I am against building new homes and would always buy a "gently used home"! To me it's a form of recycling. One of the most important ways actually. And it is so much less expensive to buy an all ready built house. And there are so many great choices now a days.

I know I can find a home in my price range in WNC. I have found many I could be happy in and I am not looking for another area either. I would love Vermont where I use to live but that is too expensive. WNC is a great compromise because it is beautiful, not as cold although I like cold whether and is more central than Vt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina