U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:45 PM

26,456 posts, read 17,788,424 times

Advertisements

I have a "friend" who, when we were discussing how beautiful Asheville and environs are, said "You know they have alot of witches up there."

Now this lady is very conservative, right wing republican and I imagine if she saw two long haired artists with piercings talking together she would call that a witches coven.

But I was wondering where on earth she might have gotten such an idea. Is this the word conservative Christians are spreading about Asheville?
I'm curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 03:08 PM

45,095 posts, read 56,964,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
I have a "friend" who, when we were discussing how beautiful Asheville and environs are, said "You know they have alot of witches up there."

Now this lady is very conservative, right wing republican and I imagine if she saw two long haired artists with piercings talking together she would call that a witches coven.

But I was wondering where on earth she might have gotten such an idea. Is this the word conservative Christians are spreading about Asheville?
I'm curious.
No need to disparage your "friend', or right wing conservative Christians

It's been common knowledge for a long time that witches do in fact live in Asheville. You have to remember, Asheville has become a "new age mecca" in the last couple of decades, all the crazies are there now.

The WNC Witches & Magickal Fellowship (Asheville, NC) - Meetup.com (http://www.meetup.com/ashevillewitches/ - broken link)

http://www.oldenwilde.org/

http://www.newfrontier.com/aha/ashv0492.htm

Last edited by lovesMountains; 07-07-2010 at 03:20 PM..

Old 07-07-2010, 03:18 PM

442 posts, read 929,760 times
Technically they are wiccans and yes they are in Asheville and may other cities across the country. They are, however, not to be feared.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves mountains View Post
Technically they are wiccans and yes they are in Asheville and may other cities across the country. They are, however, not to be feared.

Agreed - they seem a peaceful bunch, and I meant "crazies" as in every crazy thing you can imagine being available in Asheville now, not the mentally deficient or that witches are really crazy

Old 07-07-2010, 03:23 PM

26,456 posts, read 17,788,424 times
Thanks. Did not mean to disparage any particular group but was very curious about this"rumor".

Old 07-07-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Thanks. Did not mean to disparage any particular group but was very curious about this"rumor".
Looks like it was more than just a rumor

Seriously, wiccans are very peace-filled and peaceful folks.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 PM

2,557 posts, read 3,300,616 times
Seriously...
This may be the funniest, most inane thread I've read here.
GL, mD

Old 07-07-2010, 05:32 PM

76 posts, read 120,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Seriously...
This may be the funniest, most inane thread I've read here.
GL, mD
But at least there is a thread! LOL....you should read the threads in other parts of the country....people are much chattier!!!

Let's talk more!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 AM

358 posts, read 578,458 times
I've seen these people some weird stuff before...

Old 07-08-2010, 01:44 PM

535 posts, read 1,128,127 times
Another thing, too - you'll probably have to go hunting them down to find them. Driving down the street or shopping in the store you'd probably walk right by one w/o realizing it. No need to fear them either, they're supposedly harmless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina