Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:14 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times

Advertisements

Would you all be so kind as to help me out?

My son recently graduated and wants to relocate to Asheville, where he has applied for jobs.

He is currently in Boone, as he attended college there.

He has a second interview coming up and we would like to have a better grip on where he could find a good apartment, duplex or small house within commuting distance of the the area around Mission.

Any suggestions re: where we should be looking? Please feel free to DM me with any names of folks who will privately rent, too.

My son and his fiancee would be living there, along with their dog. I would be glad to co-sign, as I know folks are sometimes wary about young people and their first apartment.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 07:05 PM

1,379 posts, read 3,918,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Would you all be so kind as to help me out?

My son recently graduated and wants to relocate to Asheville, where he has applied for jobs.

He is currently in Boone, as he attended college there.

He has a second interview coming up and we would like to have a better grip on where he could find a good apartment, duplex or small house within commuting distance of the the area around Mission.

Any suggestions re: where we should be looking? Please feel free to DM me with any names of folks who will privately rent, too.

My son and his fiancee would be living there, along with their dog. I would be glad to co-sign, as I know folks are sometimes wary about young people and their first apartment.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
The Kenilworth neighborhood is directly adjacent to Mission, and a very nice hood . . . I'd check out the Mountain Xpress classifieds for that area:

Mountain Xpress: Independent Asheville News, Arts, Events & Information

Old 07-18-2010, 08:49 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,911,705 times
anifani, arent you in FL? I think your name sounds familiar. I would google it (Asheville homes for rent - or something similar) and check out some websites.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
anifani, arent you in FL? I think your name sounds familiar. I would google it (Asheville homes for rent - or something similar) and check out some websites.

Nope - I live in Charlotte, have a second home in the Boone area and am a native of western NC, lol. But I do love to visit Florida! Usually go in January every year to St. Augustine and like to cruise out of Pt. Canaveral.

I know the Asheville area but nothing about particular apartment complexes or homes that may be available (or agencies who may rent homes, apartments, condos, etc). I would like to get some info ahead of having to actually go to Asheville and look at places wh/ may be available.

I have googled homes for rent but am not always sure about where things are located, and if those are the best areas for a young couple, etc.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Old 07-19-2010, 08:55 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post
The Kenilworth neighborhood is directly adjacent to Mission, and a very nice hood . . . I'd check out the Mountain Xpress classifieds for that area:

+1 - I totally agree about Kenilworth.
Kenilworth Apartments | Condos | Lofts in Biltmore, Asheville, North Carolina (NC) Lease/Rentals/For Rent
Not sure about your price range but these are really neat and in a good location.

Also, the Charlotte Street corridor area wouldn't be such a bad area either.

Try Craigslist - just be careful about any scams.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post

Excellent info - thank you so much! That is one of the areas I was wondering about it - sounds like a great match.

Really appreciate your taking the time to give me the link and info.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
+1 - I totally agree about Kenilworth.
Kenilworth Apartments | Condos | Lofts in Biltmore, Asheville, North Carolina (NC) Lease/Rentals/For Rent
Not sure about your price range but these are really neat and in a good location.

Also, the Charlotte Street corridor area wouldn't be such a bad area either.

Try Craigslist - just be careful about any scams.
This really helps. I know my son would like this area to live in.

I am so leery of Craigslist b/c of the scams we have been having here in Charlotte. I know that this is just a minority of people doing such things, but I am really cautious b/c of stuff I have heard.

I knew I could get reliable advice from forum members and truly appreciate the links.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:47 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,248,755 times
I thought about some property management companies that I see advertised a lot

Asheville Phoenix Properties, Western North Carolina

Asheville rentals, asheville nc rentals, asheville north carolina rentals, asheville apartment rentals, asheville nc apartment rentals, asheville north carolina apartment rentals, asheville home rentals, asheville nc home rentals, asheville north car

The Bayshore Company

I haven't ever used them myself but, I have seen the names quite a bit.

Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 PM

279 posts, read 533,770 times
I've rented from both Phoenix and Bayshore. Both are good landlords.

Bayshore has an apartment for rent in Kenilworth that I drive by every two days.

Old 07-20-2010, 07:49 AM

Thank you for the leads on property management. It really helps.

Lots of research to do. But the good thing is . . . nice "excuse" to spend some time in Asheville - looking for the right spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina