Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 843 times

Advertisements

[email]a999dan@hotmail.com[/email] looking to relocate to Asheville, NC posted my resume on craigslist. Management Professional/TRG/TQM/Instructor. I'm trying to find a headhunter in that area. Looking to contribute 20+ years exp. in training/development/instruction/OD. Would appreciate any input. Dan salary range desired 50-90
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a999dan View Post
a999dan@hotmail.com looking to relocate to Asheville, NC posted my resume on craigslist. Management Professional/TRG/TQM/Instructor. I'm trying to find a headhunter in that area. Looking to contribute 20+ years exp. in training/development/instruction/OD. Would appreciate any input. Dan salary range desired 50-90
From a post on Craigslist? yea - good luck with that

Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Really truly, you have college graduates from WCU, UNC-A, Appalachian State, Mars Hill College, Warren Wilson College, Montreat College and on.... who must leave their homes in the mountains because there is no work. Add on to that the many from elsewhere who spend their college careers in WNC and can't find work.

Most of my graduating classmates went to Greenville SC and Raleigh NC to find work. They would have stayed if there were jobs available. I would have stayed.

So take that as an indication that there is no great amount of jobs for college graduates in the area and those jobs that are available will most likely be filled by the most qualified local people whose family is in place.

Not to say stars don't align and you might find something. Most likely the jobs will be hospitality, retirement, medical related. And I hear the community colleges are pumping those out like crazy.

Just saying good luck in your search but suggest you broaden your search parameters.

Last edited by theoldnorthstate; 02-14-2012 at 05:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina