U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 07:53 AM

1 posts, read 985 times

Advertisements

Hi guys i would love some insight from some locals I am looking to move out to the area I am currently living in Charlotte but I recently changed jobs and am now working in maiden. I would like to move closer or at least get more of what i am looking for than what i have in charlotte. here is what i would like..

I am looking to move somewhere that has a smalltown feel but has a small but decent downtown area (part of the reason i like morganton).

Looking for a place we lower costs than charlotte.

looking for a lot of 25-50 arces to build 2 houses one for my wife and I and 1 for my parents to retire on.

I am interested in decent schools since I hopefully have a family at some point.

I am a little worried about the state of the economy though in these areas as my wife and mother would probably start their own biz there.

So I was wondering if
1. did i miss any areas i should be considering?
2. What are peoples options of the ones i have already started to look at?

any input would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina