U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-10-2010, 07:38 AM

118 posts, read 325,452 times

Advertisements

I live in Raleigh but there's nothing here in the way of a venue that I've been able to find. We're leaning towards Duke Gardens but we're exploring other options in the meantime. I want a rustic venue with exposed wood beams, brick, character, ambiance and outdoors with the leaves turning colors in the fall. A "farm" or "barn" feel (but an elegant farm or barn!) is what I'm in search for. I found the angus barn but the price almost made me cry.

Now I'm looking in Asheville. I found some really nice places I'm visiting this weekend. A friend brought up Blowing Rock as an option also. I travel all the time for work and time is very very limited! Does anyone have any input on whether I should choose Asheville or Blowing Rock (or Raleigh if all else fails)? Both are gorgeous. One major player is transportation. We have many guests visiting from out of town (Buffalo and Long Island). There needs to be an airport option nearby. Would flights be more affordable into Asheville? Some people may fly to a bigger airport such as Charlotte or Greensboro and rent a car but I want to make sure people have options and easy access.

Please help!!! I'm desperate. This search for an....AFFORDABLE...venue that fits my needs is making me give up all hope. Maybe I should consider Hawaii as an option for a destination wedding? lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,483,233 times
I've got no idea how much these costs but ....

Crest Weddings is Asheville's Premier Wedding Venue

Claxton Farm

Chapel : YMCA Camp Greenville

These were the first places that came to my mind. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:52 AM

2,301 posts, read 3,259,074 times
You might consider one of the area wineries. There are a number of choices that are convenient to both the Charlotte and Piedmont Triad airports. Raffaldini is one that comes to mind as it is IMO one of prettiest properties, but there are many others (just google NC wineries or Yadkin Valley wineries to find them).

Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 PM

76 posts, read 120,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
You might consider one of the area wineries. There are a number of choices that are convenient to both the Charlotte and Piedmont Triad airports. Raffaldini is one that comes to mind as it is IMO one of prettiest properties, but there are many others (just google NC wineries or Yadkin Valley wineries to find them).
I have no idea about the cost, but Rock of Ages winery in ? Roxboro/Hurdle Mills????

My daughter got married in Bahama in the state park in the lodge in October.......it was beautiful and cheap!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:23 PM

230 posts, read 710,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamzz View Post
I live in Raleigh but there's nothing here in the way of a venue that I've been able to find. We're leaning towards Duke Gardens but we're exploring other options in the meantime. I want a rustic venue with exposed wood beams, brick, character, ambiance and outdoors with the leaves turning colors in the fall. A "farm" or "barn" feel (but an elegant farm or barn!) is what I'm in search for. I found the angus barn but the price almost made me cry.

Now I'm looking in Asheville. I found some really nice places I'm visiting this weekend. A friend brought up Blowing Rock as an option also. I travel all the time for work and time is very very limited! Does anyone have any input on whether I should choose Asheville or Blowing Rock (or Raleigh if all else fails)? Both are gorgeous. One major player is transportation. We have many guests visiting from out of town (Buffalo and Long Island). There needs to be an airport option nearby. Would flights be more affordable into Asheville? Some people may fly to a bigger airport such as Charlotte or Greensboro and rent a car but I want to make sure people have options and easy access.

Please help!!! I'm desperate. This search for an....AFFORDABLE...venue that fits my needs is making me give up all hope. Maybe I should consider Hawaii as an option for a destination wedding? lol.
It may be too pricey but it does fit your description and is on your side of the state: have you looked into The Barn at Fearrington Village in Pittsboro? Good luck.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:44 AM

3,690 posts, read 2,225,502 times
I have not find flying into Asheville affordable. I would pick Blowing Rock and you can fly into Tri Cities airport in Tn which is usually cheaper.
I think Blowing Rock would be spectacular for a fall wedding.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:57 PM

98 posts, read 323,830 times
Have a look at the Mast Farm Inn, Valle Crucis. It is in such a pretty setting and sounds like the sort of place you might be looking for.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:13 PM

39 posts, read 72,967 times
Also in Valle Crucis- Taylor B&B and The Apple Barn (rustic). Valle Crucis North Carolina Bed and Breakfast, Banner Elk Bed and Breakfast
The Apple Barn*|*An Autumn Shindig (http://www.wedding.anautumnshindig.com/the-details/the-apple-barn - broken link)

Old 09-13-2010, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,567 times
Have a look at this one, Castle Ladyhawke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina