U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:08 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,567,481 times

Advertisements

FinFan,
Gosh, I'm sorry, I didn't know you had tried another part of the house, and therefore just how bad that howling is. I live next to some penned dogs, they are well-cared for, they do bark periodically, BUT they keep the dogs just far enough away that I don't pay much attention. I truly hope the man will just plain move the dogs for you, such an easy solution, might finally be quiet enough and you wouldn't even have to put a fence right away. Why won't he move those dogs? Maybe you and your ally could meet with him outside the front of his house and beg him to move the dogs to another part of his property...no, seemed like that almost happened one time but something went wrong. Sigh. But you know what, I actually kinda like Eiafjam's idea of blasting a recording of his own dogs right at HIS house. Ha! Well, I surely hope the hearing in May goes well, glad you will be able to play video in court. And I am glad you told us here of your trouble so we could try to help with our thoughts. If the judge EVER hears his case, I believe you will get relief...and of course the dogs, too. So many legal matters get so twisted up in "laws," that it's the victims that don't stand a chance. We'll all want to hear what happens next month.
GG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2011, 02:40 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,322,509 times
since court did not work out and it does not seem as you could expect anything positive or helpful from there. did you ever consider writing to your congress man or ombudsman (Spelling?) ?
we did that, when no one else was willing to help, when one of the offices simply 'lost' our greecard paperwork TWICE !!
they really did something for us, called, wrote letters. It might be worth a try ?

I SO hope, dogs won't be a huge problem in our new neighborhood in ballentree. it would drive me crazy and it's just UNFAIR, how one single guy can ruin your life - I guess, you even won't be able to see the home that way, if you tried. that SO stinks

Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 AM

12 posts, read 24,529 times
Bout week and a half ago I went to a meeting of our county commissioners, stood up during the public comments session and told my story, railed against Animal Control and the sheriff's office for their deficiencies and the District Attorney's office for their disinterest in my case. Stressed my disappointment in the system, the fact that I continue to be victimized while awaiting due process, and the extent to which my personal life has been affected. Next day I got a call from one of the County Attorneys who reviewed my videos and said he would work on getting me some results. 3 days later the dogs had been moved further away from my house. Also when the dogs saw me in my yard they barked once, just once!... and then stopped. A few days ago I got a three page letter from the County Attorney (copy of which was sent to the dogs' owners as well as the director of A.C.) delineating the rights and responsibilities of all parties. The dogs' owners are to maintain a privacy fence, keep bark control collars in good working order and on the dogs at all times, keep the dogs at least 50' from the property line. They were also warned, quite strongly, that any further excessive barking would result in strict fines.

Since then all has been quiet and good at the homestead. After 8 months could this finally be over?

Old 05-01-2011, 09:02 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,880,201 times
Finfan - I hope this will all be over for you! I read through this thread and I can't imagine what you have been going through! I cannot understand people that leave their dogs outside to bark - my neighbors often do the same thing but luckily they do put the dogs in at night.

Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM

1,162 posts, read 3,567,481 times
Oh, Finfan, you are so brave! I am proud of you for standing up in front of the whole group and explaining how dreadful the situation has been that you've suffered for SO long!!! And that attorney is blessed, he saw everything was wrong and he righted it for you. And I'm especially glad that all is quiet on the home front. Yes, my dear, 50 feet away, you are gonna be okay now, it will just sound far away and thus not bother you any more. PLUS you've got it in writing that if excessive barking happens again, the man will be fined, so that further ensures your peace and quiet. Don't look back, just begin to relax (if that's possible) and plant something in front of that window of yours, and a few items here and there along the property line, as time and help and cash allows. And it was YOU who solved this problem, so congrats, you really were in a jam, and you have freed yourself. I'm impressed. GG

Old 10-18-2017, 08:48 PM

2 posts, read 607 times
I can only pray that I can find help with providing a phone number to a dog owner that needs financial help with a 200 lb dog that was drug by a van then run over and just left for dead. It has already cost 200 dollars for a house visit. The vet said additional care is needed along with xrays. Sadly it has been 3 going on 4 days and the dog is still in much pain and can't go outside to use the bathroom because he can't get up. He is drinking some water from a syringe. I personally do not know about the dogs medical history but I do know the owners spent the last money they had on the vet that came to the home. A family that is having a difficult time like so many. Three kids ranging from elementary, middle and high school. Mom is the only parent working currently and relies on a co-worker to pick her up. Dad has always had a job but recently lost his job. They spent the money they had on the dog. I'm unable to help due to a accident and out on disability. I understand that the family did an application for help but hasn't received an answer. I honestly do not believe they will qualify. The vets offices have to have payments in full with no payment plans.
I called Animal Control today and explained the dogs pain and no one returned my call. My plea is for any idea that anyone may have.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:36 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,266,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloria Thompson View Post
I can only pray that I can find help with providing a phone number to a dog owner that needs financial help with a 200 lb dog that was drug by a van then run over and just left for dead. It has already cost 200 dollars for a house visit. The vet said additional care is needed along with xrays. Sadly it has been 3 going on 4 days and the dog is still in much pain and can't go outside to use the bathroom because he can't get up. He is drinking some water from a syringe. I personally do not know about the dogs medical history but I do know the owners spent the last money they had on the vet that came to the home. A family that is having a difficult time like so many. Three kids ranging from elementary, middle and high school. Mom is the only parent working currently and relies on a co-worker to pick her up. Dad has always had a job but recently lost his job. They spent the money they had on the dog. I'm unable to help due to a accident and out on disability. I understand that the family did an application for help but hasn't received an answer. I honestly do not believe they will qualify. The vets offices have to have payments in full with no payment plans.
I called Animal Control today and explained the dogs pain and no one returned my call. My plea is for any idea that anyone may have.
It would be helpful to know what county this family lives in.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:52 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,442,597 times
Quote:
Please get in touch with brother wolf animal rescue. If it goes much longer the damage may be irreversible.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:58 AM

10,226 posts, read 14,078,239 times
Quote:

Can you get a few guys to gently take that dog to a compassionate vet or an animal rescue service SOON. He is in a lot of pain, wrap him in a large blanket firmly.

Shame on that vet who came to their house and charged those folks $200 !! The dog will not live on water alone from a syringe. (Animal control is too busy and not compassionate at all).

GET THE DOG TO A RESCUE SERVICE SOON please. At the very least, call the police dept. for help.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:12 PM

1,348 posts, read 456,974 times
This is a horrible story and I feel deeply for the family that owns that dog.

I am a life-long, extreme dog lover. But also a realist and given all that was described, the best option is to get a vet to come and put the dog down. The dog likely has internal injuries and, you can take my word for it, those are often VERY COSTLY and time-consuming to diagnose and treat. It can go on and on and both owners and dog are in agony and there is no guarantee of either successful diagnosis or survival.

My understanding is that rescue organizations don't do treatment for personal, owned pets. Maybe there is one that will...that would be rare, I think. The visiting vet charging for diagnostic/treatment services is customary and to be expected. But, sometimes they will not charge for a euthanasia visit.

Very sad story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina