U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2011, 09:35 AM

267 posts, read 467,125 times

Advertisements

Living in Sylva, there isn't much more than the local wal mart. I'm a big guy getting back into working out, and looking for some good running shoes. Maybe the New Balance True Balance I keep seeing commercials about? I dunno. But I think I'm probably going to have to take a drive to Asheville for a visit to somewhere with good prices and selection, and was hoping I could get a few ideas of where to go.

Thanks ahead of time!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 09:48 AM

544 posts, read 692,652 times
Discount Shoes on Brevard road between the Arboretum and Biltmore Square Mall would be my first stop.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,562,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Discount Shoes on Brevard road between the Arboretum and Biltmore Square Mall would be my first stop.
Ditto +1. Brevard Road is also known as 191 if you're looking for it on a map. The store is south of the Biltmore Square Mall on the West side of the road. They have pretty good prices and it seems like they're always busy.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:40 PM

223 posts, read 218,820 times
Tops is having a 2nd pair for a penny sale.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:55 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,740,990 times
...If you are serious about getting into running injury free, I recommend "just running" or "foot rx" in asheville both of which cater to running. Not some random shoe store with people who know nothing about running shoes. You need a running store where someone can help you find the right shoe for you. It helps to cut down the whole hating your shoes or getting an injury thing .
Now once you find a shoe that works for you you can buy your next pair from discount shoes or online (I use runningwarehouse.com.) I've run in the same shoes for years so all I have to do is order online. I just bought a pair for 50% msrp from them! If you catch them when they switch models out you can get them dirt cheap.

Also, keep in mind that if you are a "big guy" once you loose weight your running gait might change so its best to get refit for shoes by a professional. Good luck and if you have any other questions just PM me.

Last edited by saucystargazer; 01-07-2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 PM

267 posts, read 467,125 times
Great advice, I hadn't thought of that. Thank you!

Old 01-22-2011, 08:48 PM

61 posts, read 71,935 times
I think Tops for Shoes is the best shoe store around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina