Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 08:07 AM
Ody

Location: Right there, next time out, look I could be right next ;or in front of you
136 posts, read 286,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post

People make up their own minds about how a place feels for them; the folks who ask questions are adults, over the legal age and know how to make their own decisions.

Being negative about your own heritage and your own life situation cannot possibly translate an honest opinion about what types of amenities in an area will be attractive to another person.

People come on the forum for an honest opinion of the area for various reasons; not to hear an unhappy native resident constantly whining.
Have you walked in his shoes ??????? that is a quote fron your other post this morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,419,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ody View Post
Have you walked in his shoes ??????? that is a quote fron your other post this morning
Not personally, but I have a lot of experience with people who have. Anything else Ody?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:30 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,512,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNCbadwolf View Post
. . .
I am not the one who is thinking of moving there, you are. You are the one who has to decide it is right for you to live there. I recommend that you go there & spend a minimum of 3 days.
Take it from me, there is nothing more miserable than having to live out your life, every day, somewhere you do not want to be & not able to afford to do anything about it & just hoping & praying that one day something will happen that will allow you to be able to get out.
I have spent quite abit of time in WNC. Last year I was up there twice. I have spent a good bit of time around Brevard-camping, hiking, etc.

We usually go for 1-2 weeks at a time. I've done the downtown and am familiar with the shops, eateries (Sunshine Cafe for coffee and bagels!) and hotels.
I have been going up there off and on for the last 10 years or so, so I am pretty familiar with the area. I have a close friend who is house shopping right now in the area.

I am really looking more toward Blowing Rock/Banner Elk area but Brevard is second choice.

I am very much into outdoor activities; hiking, biking, trail running, backpacking so there is plenty of activies that interest me. I also love to travel so having the Asheville airport fairily close is a big plus for me.
There are a lot of retires yes but there are also a lot of outdoorsy active people who live there because of the close proximity to the moutains. I do appreciate your advice!

Old 02-27-2011, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,892 times
I've been considering moving into the Hendersonville area or close to it for a while. I'd like to know what the business environment is like in the area. I've had a Computer Services business since 1991 and would have to re-establish it in a new area but I'd love to live in that area. I don't mind starting over from scratch, but I'd like to know more about the business opportunities and current economic outlook there.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM

5 posts, read 11,516 times
Have you thought about the North Wilkesboro metro area? Its really close to Winston Salem and Greensboro. If you are moving here for the beauty then its a great place. East access to Boone, Blowing Rock, Lenior, Hickory, Wilkesboro, Elkin, WS, Statesville, and Grennsboro.If your looking for jobs, its not the hot spot, but niether is anywere else. Lowes, is hiring like 250 people though. Tyson usually is too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina