Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2007, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,971 times

Advertisements

I am living in the foothills piedmont area after growing up in southern wv. Not too happy with where we settled. My new position is now closer to western area (Asheville) and will be commuting and thought this would be a chance to start considering a move further into the mtns. Would Black Mountain be a good move? Asheville is a little too far and would not like to be right in too big of a city with Asheville growing leaps and bounds (prices high too it seems). Any advice on Black Mountain or any other really good areas (even if small) that would still be a reasonable communte to Morganton? I really love everything NC has to offer and would like to stay here rather than return to WV (no jobs, very sad). Thanks to all ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 07:24 AM

648 posts, read 2,980,553 times
I like Black Mountain, but to me driving up and down Old Fort mountain every day would be too much. That's over 40 miles each way.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:02 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanna2 View Post
I am living in the foothills piedmont area after growing up in southern wv. Not too happy with where we settled. My new position is now closer to western area (Asheville) and will be commuting and thought this would be a chance to start considering a move further into the mtns. Would Black Mountain be a good move? Asheville is a little too far and would not like to be right in too big of a city with Asheville growing leaps and bounds (prices high too it seems). Any advice on Black Mountain or any other really good areas (even if small) that would still be a reasonable communte to Morganton? I really love everything NC has to offer and would like to stay here rather than return to WV (no jobs, very sad). Thanks to all ahead of time.
I'm confused. You will be working in the city of Asheville or Morganton?

Old 08-21-2007, 01:45 PM

765 posts, read 2,568,386 times
Take a close look at what's going on in BM right now with the pool/park/recreation area. It is in need to a total rebuild and that could mean a big tax burden or special assessment for such a small community. Public meetings have been/are going on to decide this issue--Larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina