Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 06:12 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,847,561 times

Advertisements

I've always said it's best to fly into Charlotte and drive. Back when I used to fly back and forth between Asheville and my parents' home in Alabama (when I didn't have a car for various reasons), my connecting flight was through Charlotte, and although I never had a problem, lots of people did. Also, for people who don't like flying on small planes, they use Dash 8's and regional jets, which are small and usually encounter more turbulence than large jets. Just for those who get freaked out by flying (and especially in small planes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 671 times
Thinking about opening a shuttle service from Asheville to Greenville's GSP International and Charlotte's Douglas International Airports. Asheville Airport is considerably more expensive than most and from the research I have done it looks like the majority of people fly into Charlotte and Greenville. Cost would be low and the worries of travel would be minimized considerably. There’s a couple things I would to throw out as questions.
1. Do more people fly into Greenville then Charlotte?
2. What would be a good price range for such a service?
3. Would you even consider such a service?

Last edited by AshevilleShuttle; 11-03-2011 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: HTML Tags all over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina