U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM

64 posts, read 99,842 times

Advertisements

I was looking for Asian grocery markets, and it seems that there are three of them in Asheville area. I wonder if anyone has been there, and which one is the best, e.g, largest, with the most choices and merchandise. Thanks.

Foreign Affairs Oriental Market
611 Tunnel Rd # A, Asheville, NC

Kim's Oriental Food & Gifts
5 Regent Park Blvd # 110, Asheville, NC

Asheville Asian Mart
5605 Hendersonville Road, Fletcher, NC
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 AM

215 posts, read 532,904 times
I'd like to know if any sell a decent selection of Indian spices and items?

Old 12-09-2011, 05:29 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,692,712 times
peter, I had the same question a couple of weeks ago. so far I've only been to the foreign affairs.

the lady, who owns it, was very knowledgeable, I found everything needed for a yummy phad thai. prices were ok.
overall I spent almost one hour in there, since things were so interesting
haven't tried the others yet, but next on my list it the one on hendersonville road. let me know, if you find out more

Old 12-09-2011, 08:18 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,064,657 times
There is one in Fletcher at that shopping plaza at the corner of 25 and Butler Bridge Road - In the same plaza with the Subway.
corner of us 25 and butler bridge road - Google Maps

I'm not familiar with what all they have and their selection but I do know its there.

Oops, apparently that's the Asheville Asian Mart mentioned in Peterzlf's post.

Old 12-12-2011, 10:48 AM

34 posts, read 66,463 times
I like Kim's and have been going there for 20 years.They are the second owners Great kimchee

Old 12-20-2011, 05:52 AM

178 posts, read 411,983 times
Have either of you seen wide cut sweet potato noodles there? I live just over the mountain from Asheville, but come to visit often. I can only find the thin cut noodles here in town, and it's a totally different experience from the wide cut. I eat them in a Korean restaurant here, who buys the noodles at an Asian market in Knoxville. She is dropping it from the menu though, because she has a hard time finding the noodles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>