Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2012, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,445 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I'm new here. My husband got a job in Hendersonville last summer. We found an excellent deal on a house in Laurel Park. Though it's lovely here, there are no children in our neighborhood. We've put the house on the market and have had good feedback so far. We need to find another house within a 45 minute drive of Hendersonville. We are having trouble finding something near the schools - Mills River Elem.and Rugby Middle - and are thinking we could change schools if we need to, in order to live in a place where there are other children and we can ride bikes in our neighborhood. Someone once mentioned Boiling Springs, SC, but wouldn't that be more of a drive? Any suggestions for cities with good schools within 40 minutes or so of Hendersonville in NC or SC? Thanks in advance,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 09:51 AM

2,103 posts, read 4,450,508 times
Don't go to SC. Anything within 40 minutes of Hville has horrible schools and or no neighborhoods as its really rural until you get to greenville. You'll end up having to travel to Asheville or Greenville to do all shopping. Have you looked into South Asheville? Thats pretty much where all families with young kids end up at.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:31 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,238,885 times
I would suggest looking down N. Rugby Road. It's still Henderson County and there are some really nice neighborhood developments down that road.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 AM

2 posts, read 3,445 times
Thanks for your replies....I have been keeping my eye on Sweetwater off Rugby, but there aren't any houses for sale that I'd like to buy right now...I've also seen a Skytop development off Rugby, and I like that, but we'd have to build there. It might be worth looking into. Not my favorite idea to build, though...thanks again!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,238,885 times
Have you looked at Heatherwood? I know the houses are bit older, sometimes older houses/developments have more character and the lots are bigger.

For those who are wondering ... Heatherwood reminds me of Bent Creek in Buncombe County - which, btw mwgag, may be an area for you all to look in to as well, if that's your style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina