Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times

Advertisements

All I know for sure is the insurance rates for us here in NC are way lower then in Los Angeles CA. No comparison. We have AAA. We were pleasantly surprised when we purchased our auto insurance here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM

12 posts, read 36,620 times
Default Geico...

My auto insurance with Geico is WAY less in NC than it was in Bradenton, FL or the Chicago suburbs... That is about the only thing NC has going for it!

Old 10-03-2007, 08:24 AM

930 posts, read 2,161,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM0153 View Post
My auto insurance with Geico is WAY less in NC than it was in Bradenton, FL or the Chicago suburbs... That is about the only thing NC has going for it!

I'm from Fl too and ours is half of what it was there. And you're right, today I feel like that is the only thing going for it!!! I've had a day going round and round at the DMV. Ready to head back.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:06 AM

485 posts, read 561,281 times
It seems obvious that where you come from and where you go to affects the cost of insurance as much as the company you buy from...

We will shop around when we get there and actually have an address to use.

As I said above, I was surprised that the same company that insures us for less than $1,000 a year in this huge metro area would charge MORE for a small, rural town in Western North Carolina.

We will ask the Geico Gecko, the Good Hands people, and many others to quote us. It always pays to shop around.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:27 AM

283 posts, read 1,291,234 times
Allstate here was a lot less than in Atlanta Metro area (the Wreck Capital of the South, I think).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina