Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
I will once we get up there........

Depends on the area we decide on...I have 2 Realtors I have been in contact for a couple of years. Definitely won't do it without one. I am not licensed there either. I was asking about the off market listings as a way of adding more to what could be available IF the sellers are still interested in selling. To give us more selection. That is where the NC will Realtor will be of help in finding out. I do that here too. Our inventory is VERY low in my area of Fl. I have been contacting EXP & WDN listing/sellers to see if they still want to sell. Yes for possible listings for me too......mostly to try to find additional properties for my buyers. Thanks Quilter Chick!

You're welcome; you can do that in FL because you "work there". The Realtors here are not about to give you access to information about the offmarket/expired/withdrawn listings. To get that information you have to go to school here, pass the exam, get your broker's license, and join your local Board of Realtors to have access to MLS. Then, learn the territory, learn the roads, learn how agents work here and most important, get your sphere of influence. Could take the better part of a year, after you get settled. We all wish you the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 03:55 PM

440 posts, read 1,092,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
You're welcome; you can do that in FL because you "work there". The Realtors here are not about to give you access to information about the offmarket/expired/withdrawn listings. To get that information you have to go to school here, pass the exam, get your broker's license, and join your local Board of Realtors to have access to MLS. Then, learn the territory, learn the roads, learn how agents work here and most important, get your sphere of influence. Could take the better part of a year, after you get settled. We all wish you the best.
Yes.. I know I can't would if I could. Once we know and when..... I will contact a Realtor to help. As for the exam.... and licensing........."if God brings ya to it...he'll get you through it!" I have been planning as much as I can for the last couple of years. That is another reason I switched brokerages here in Aug. ...they have that brokerage in the areas I am looking at. I have talked to 2 of the brokers already. I can also get a referral from my buyers & listings/sellers here while I get my schooling/licensing and footing there. I am up for the challenge. I am not going to stress over all the details until we know we are on our way. Then it is "Game On!"

....in the meantime.......it is a waiting game with our properties and the entity buying us out. I think this time...it will happen. Donna

Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 AM

4,483 posts, read 9,293,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
We moved from NC to the West Coast a few months ago. I had been watching the listings in our new area for over a year, and I had kept track of a couple properties that went "off-market" but didn't sell. We ended up looking at one and making an offer, but then the guy decided he didn't want to move after all.

Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 PM

203 posts, read 371,766 times
Default Off market homes in WNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
Yes.. I know I can't would if I could. Once we know and when..... I will contact a Realtor to help. As for the exam.... and licensing........."if God brings ya to it...he'll get you through it!" I have been planning as much as I can for the last couple of years. That is another reason I switched brokerages here in Aug. ...they have that brokerage in the areas I am looking at. I have talked to 2 of the brokers already. I can also get a referral from my buyers & listings/sellers here while I get my schooling/licensing and footing there. I am up for the challenge. I am not going to stress over all the details until we know we are on our way. Then it is "Game On!"

....in the meantime.......it is a waiting game with our properties and the entity buying us out. I think this time...it will happen. Donna
Hi Donna, glad to hear "it" is getting closer to your moving here. I'm in Hendersonville, and I do know that many Homeowner's take their listed home off of the market because of several reasons.

1. It's the middle of the school year so most families having their kids in school don't want to uproot their kids for a move, thus not as much buying going on.
2. The yards for the most part aren't nearly as attractive in the winter here so not as good of curb appeal.
3. It can get bitter cold here in the winter and not nearly as pleasant moving boxes in and out in snow, sleet etc.
4. Several big Holidays during the Winter, so who wants to decorate their Christmas tree, and undecorate
it for the move. Plan Holiday menus, cooking etc and trying to move too.

I am sure there are other reasons that I am not thinking of now, but seriously, buying here slacks off in the Winter and starts back up in March- April.

It would require work on your part, but if you have seen a home you were interested in where the listing expired, ( websites keep expired/withdrawn listings ) on the websites for ages before taking them off), get the house address from listing, go to Henderson County, NC GIS online website, type in address, it will bring up the owner, "whitepages.com will supply the phone number, CALL owner and ask if they want to still sell.
It is my understanding locally that many homes that were for sale in the summer that didn't sell are now being rented so the owner took the listing off.I do know several like this where the families moved to assisted living /nursing home, or moved elsewhere for different reasons and are now renting their homes.

If your husband has all of that heavy equipment , are you concentrating on an area where he could utilize his equipment for work? I can't think of any areas right now in WNC that are developing for him to find work.

Last edited by louise50; 11-20-2012 at 04:39 PM..

Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 AM

440 posts, read 1,092,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louise50 View Post
Hi Donna, glad to hear "it" is getting closer to your moving here. I'm in
It would require work on your part, but if you have seen a home you were interested in where the listing expired, ( websites keep expired/withdrawn listings ) on the websites for ages before taking them off), get the house address from listing, go to Henderson County, NC GIS online website, type in address, it will bring up the owner, "whitepages.com will supply the phone number, CALL owner and ask if they want to still sell.
It is my understanding locally that many homes that were for sale in the summer that didn't sell are now being rented so the owner took the listing off.I do know several like this where the families moved to assisted living /nursing home, or moved elsewhere for different reasons and are now renting their homes.

If your husband has all of that heavy equipment , are you concentrating on an area where he could utilize his equipment for work? I can't think of any areas right now in WNC that are developing for him to find work.

...I am keeping track of some of the off market listings. Now it may be different in NC than it is here in Fl. But here you just can't look up an owner and call. Thanks to the Do not call lists, fines and all. YAY! That is where a Realtor will come in handy with the expireds and withdrawn listings.

As for the heavy equipment........I am hoping we will lighten our load and maybe those won't be a factor any more. Hubby can travel with the equipment (ie: lowboy) if needed. He has and that could still be an option.

Right now... we are still in the "waiting" phase. Praying all goes well and we can finally put it behind us an move on. I believe God already has the right property lined up for us ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina