U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 7,567 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Rutherford County and I am looking for a house to rent. I prefer a house outside of town in the county or house with a fenced yard in a neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 04:32 PM

70 posts, read 158,673 times
Hi L.
You might give a call to Rentals Unlimited. There are others, but I will have to do a little digging. I don't know anything about RU, but I do know that they manage a lot of rental properties. The local paper,The Daily Courrier, and the Rutherford Weekly have a lot of houses for rent ads. Where are you coming from and when? I will help if I can.
Mtnman

Old 10-11-2007, 04:34 PM

70 posts, read 158,673 times
The phone number for Rentals Unlimited is 828-245-7400.
Mtnman

Old 10-12-2007, 08:57 AM

2 posts, read 14,995 times
Default Thanks for the tip

Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:30 AM

702 posts, read 1,105,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lathena View Post
Thanks for the suggestions!
Not to be the bearer of bad news, but we looked at several of their houses. Oh my Gosh! One the floor was downhill sideways in the house. One was absolutely beautiful, had a gorgeous fenced in yard, but when you went in the house, their were stains on all of the carpets, someone had tried to remodel the kitchen, I guess, and it was disgusting. The tile was coming off the walls in the bathroom, etc.

We learned that to find a decent house you really have to know someone. We just drove around looking for signs, which don't always exist. Called some realtors and found leads that way. Good luck. It took us a few weeks.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 14,995 times
Default Same experience!

I found most of the rental properties are in Spindale and most are inexpensive but generally not well-maintained and heated with oil. While there are some nice renovated mills houses these are not rental properties. There are great townhouse style apartments in Rutherfordton rented by Tim Smith. I am currently on the waiting list. Also, Giles Agency has some nice homes but most do not allow pets...I am still on the pursuit but I will share what I learn as I go. I will follow your advice about calling traditional realtors.

L.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:59 PM

895 posts, read 2,182,726 times
I am trying to help someone in need find a decent rental in Rutherfordton and am shocked I cant find a web site that has rentals in the area. Whats up with that? I can't imagine in these days and times that even in Rutherfordton there is not something out there. I think of myself as being internet savy but I'm stumped on this one.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:05 AM

10 posts, read 26,696 times
Question Relocating to Rutherfordton

I am relocating to the Rutherfordton region in June of 2008. I would like to rent for up to a year before purchasing a home. I see from this board there might be difficulty in finding a decent rental and thought I might start inquiring now. Does anyone have any suggestions or leads given this time frame? All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Old 12-31-2007, 02:22 PM

62 posts, read 232,295 times
Default Property for rent

How big of home are you looking for? Do you want a particualr area of the county? What price range are you looking in?
As the time approaches just let someone know and they can be on the look out for you depending on what your needs are.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:30 PM

1 posts, read 7,073 times
Red face Still searching

My husband and I have been searching for a place to rent for the past month. While a lot of places are nice usually the neighborhood isn't that great. We are people who work early in the morning and we like quiet, especially when it begins to get late. Finding a neighborhood where you don't have to listen to loud music at all hours is turning out to be a real challenge. We also have a small outside dog. We keep her in a kennel and this is a real problem when looking at apartments. I have already lived in a townhouse years ago and the people next door had children that continously jumped off their bunk beds so we heard loud booms coming from their upstairs at all hours. It was not pleasant. Good Luck with finding a place you can enjoy. We are still searching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina