U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 10:47 AM

648 posts, read 2,677,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMALLTOWNGIRLATHEART View Post
Much to Johnny's dismay, we are also from FLORIDA. I sincerely hope that JOHNNYCOUNTRY is not a sample of the people in Hayesville, as he sounds kind of scary... I am ready to get out of the hustle and bustle from all of the people NORTH of Florida moving in on us, so I guess Johnny should learn to live with us and if he is a Christian person, then act like one. Thanks for listening, and I hope I meet some nice, Christian people in Hayesville.
SmallTown, your reason for moving out of Florida is EXACTLY why Johnny is having trouble accepting all the newcomers. You have to understand that people are resistant to, and often sad and bitter about changes in their community.

There are many people in many growing parts of the country that share his feelings. We just have to hope that newcomers are sensitive to the area that some have called home all their lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,489 times
In responce to Smalltowngirlatheart's worries, no. Not everyone in Hayesville is so inconsiderate and shallow. I for one live in Hayesville and have nothing against anyone who moves in. JOHNNYCOUNTRY is just one of the few stubbornly ignorant people that one could find in any town. I hope that everyone who has read Jonny's post will not take it as a sufficient sample of all hayesvillians. Every scientist who has ever lived could tell you that when expiramenting with something new, you must always try multiple samples. Just because one person tries to scare away a few people doesn't mean we are all trying to do so. Anyone who watches a movie (or reads a post) and automatically assumes that this is an accurate depiction of all life in the surrounding area is falling blindly into a stereotype and should seriously reconsider. Hayesville, unlike Jonny, is very receptive and kind to new-comers of all shapes and sizes, regardless of their origins.
But yes, like Trail Majic said, we are a little religion-pushy. It's not called "living in the Bible Belt" for nothing...XD

Old 04-12-2007, 08:40 AM

2 posts, read 6,872 times
My Wife and I are looking to move to Hayesville with in the year. We live in Florida and we are done with living here. The prices are way to high for us to live here. We would like to know if anyone can tell us more about Hayesville, are there any jobs. We both love North carolina. A friend of ares lives in hayesville, he tells us that we would love it there. We are comeing us soon to look at some houses.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,872 times
Default Hayesville

My Wife and I are looking to move to Hayesville with in the year. We live in Florida and we are done with living here. The prices are way to high for us to live here. We would like to know if anyone can tell us more about Hayesville, are there any jobs. We both love North carolina. A friend of ares lives in hayesville, he tells us that we would love it there. We are comeing us soon to look at some houses.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:55 PM

3 posts, read 6,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNYCOUNTRY View Post
It was nice until the Floridians took it over. One Floridian would move there then move someone else they know then they move someone they know. Their like gremlins only the hills make them multiply. No really though its allright if you can fit it there.
I'm not from Florida, but know what you mean. Must be something in the water down there.

Problem is the people moving to the mountain towns in GA and NC want to get away from everything they hate in Florida, but within a couple months are complaining about what the mountain towns DON'T have. I hear them talk about better restaurants and shopping, this isn't good enough and that isn't good enough.

Atlanta with all its nightlife, shopping and restaurants is a short drive. Go there for entertainment and stop complaining.

Unfortunately, the developers and builders are destroying the areas up here.
Wildlife has almost disappeared because the developers ((from Florida)) are taking out all the trees and building sub-divisions where the houses are on top of one another.

Big mistake moving here. I don't like Gremlins.

Old 04-22-2007, 11:44 AM

4,721 posts, read 13,549,847 times
Folks,you cant live in a town,and close the gate behind you..If its a wonderful place to live that is loved by its residents,it will be loved by others as well. I would think the real complaint is over developers ruining rare pristine beauty,,and rude people.One you can avoid,the other is up to the residents to ride the govt. to keep areas protected. I will say the people I have met in the area are lovely.But then again,I try to be pleasant and polite to begin with

Old 04-22-2007, 07:04 PM

942 posts, read 989,813 times
My last name is Hayes, and I had to laugh, I had no idea there was a actual town in the USA named Hayesville.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:46 PM

3 posts, read 12,044 times
I live in Lancaster NY - My wife and I have two teenage children . As many others have posted - I moved here to escape the City Life. I like to hunt and fish . I used to be able to walk off my 2 acres and do both. I am close to retirement age .
I cant afford enough land in this state to correct the lack of freedom I don't enjoy . Bible Belt sounds good to us .

Is there areas around your area a person who ain't rich could buy a couple acres and live without major developers or excessive hunting/fishing restrictions ?

Any ideas - Cant change the dam developers or politicians - guess I can head for the hills!

Old 07-02-2007, 12:37 AM

23 posts, read 116,090 times
I live in Warne, Hayesville is the only real town here in our county.

I don't think anyone really dislikes people in general moving here. The problem is that folks from the cities talk down to locals, tell them what is wrong with the area and then try to change it. We like it the way it is here. Slow and comfy.

The newcomers who are kind and sweet and love Clay county for what it IS, do fine. It's the upity ones who give everyone a bad taste in their mouth.

I hate the ridges being destroyed by progress. I would never do that to my property. I respect it and we keep it wildlife friendly. We even plant extra field corn so when the bears come, they have enough and so do we.

So come to Hayesville, but please don't build on a ridge. Those are the views we love so much here. We don't want to see some ugly house up there, please.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,513 times
Default moving to hayesville

Hi, my mom and dad bought a cabin up in Hayesville way back in 1984; we are one of those Floridians that have invaded Hayesville, but we love it there, and are only up there occasionally, would really like to get up there more often..It's really nice when you are driving down the 2 lane roads, and somebody approaches you and waves at you!! I had never seen that EVER in Florida.. It was a very small town then, and still is..It is becoming more developed, but seems like the development has taken a while to get to Hayesville, which is ok with me! I really just hope that the greedy developers leave it pretty much as it is..It seems to be a great place to raise kids, there is not a whole lot to do there, we did discover the golf course on hwy 64 I think it is, that has a nice pool, and there is a Fun center further on down the road that has movies and arcade games that the kids like. The people pretty much all seem to be very friendly, and always have been..just an easier pace of life, I guess. Good luck with the move, I do think it's a great place to raise kids, much better than where I live in Florida!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina