Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 05:36 PM

411 posts, read 613,871 times

Advertisements

I worked at the Spa at Grove Park Inn and had to park by the old WLOS building, which was reputed to be fantastically haunted. Eventually, the building was torn down and condos were erected. I always wonder if strange events happen in those condos, and whether the current inhabitants know the back story.

A good friend and coworker (and someone not prone to telling tall tales) witnessed a ghost in massage room 7 of the spa, and another coworker saw a mist move from a hallway into the same room.

Last edited by Susieisanartist; 10-30-2014 at 05:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2014, 05:56 PM

411 posts, read 613,871 times
WNCbadwolf, that is an amazing tale!

Old 10-31-2014, 06:43 AM

4,787 posts, read 10,601,388 times
WNCbadwolf,
Excellent story!
One never knows...maybe quantum stuff.
GL, mD

Old 10-31-2014, 07:41 AM

395 posts, read 462,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
One never knows...maybe quantum stuff.
GL, mD
It seems we are finding that it's ALL quantum stuff... We are in a quantum world.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:09 PM

215 posts, read 370,577 times
Franklin has a haunted tour - I took my family last weekend and it was so much fun! It's called Where Shadows Walk. We did the Ghosts and Graveyards tour. It's from 10 to midnight, and I learned a lot of history about our little town (I've only been here a year though.) Didn't see any ghosts, but our group was kind of big. We walked around town and visited homes and businesses that were known to be frequented by ghosts. The Rehab store has a popular ghost, and the museum on Main street as well. If anyone is interested I would highly recommend it. Our guide Gregg was really smart and passionate about the history of the town, and I am definitely going again.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:24 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,176,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susieisanartist View Post
I worked at the Spa at Grove Park Inn and had to park by the old WLOS building, which was reputed to be fantastically haunted. Eventually, the building was torn down and condos were erected. I always wonder if strange events happen in those condos, and whether the current inhabitants know the back story.

A good friend and coworker (and someone not prone to telling tall tales) witnessed a ghost in massage room 7 of the spa, and another coworker saw a mist move from a hallway into the same room.
Wow, that ghost in massage room 7 would make a GREAT story, like for the Twilight Zone. Guest comes in for a massage, strikes up a fascinating conversation with the masseuse about the ghost of massage room 7, gets so relaxed from the massage they eventually drift off to sleep and then wake up to find a completely different masseuse entering the room and asking if they're ready for their massage...

Old 01-22-2015, 07:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,287 times
I am a student at this school and i have had many experiences with these ghosts. For example i was sitting in the commons area alone and the elevator door opens no one comes out, closes then a few seconds later the exit door opens and closes. There is a janitor who assisted is making the school and he personally knew tim and he said he was a nice man he is nothing to be afraid of

Old 06-17-2015, 05:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,147 times
I lived in Harrill Hall at Western Carolina on the 5th floor. Supposedly I was in the room, after remodeling, that was the mail source of haunting. Often times I would feel cold shivers and my roommates stuff would fall off the walls and desk and thrown on the floor. A mirror hung with command strips fell off the wall and shattered while the RA was in the room with us and command strips left on the wall not disturbed. I was getting on the elevator one day and felt a cold shiver beside me too.

Old 10-30-2019, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 637 times
Default Ghosts abound in Sylva, NC

Been collecting lots of creepy stories in Sylva, NC. Over 100 years of history.
[url]https://ghostsofwnc.blogspot.com/[/url]

Old 11-01-2019, 06:15 PM

327 posts, read 602,374 times
If you go see the Brown Mountain Lights from Wiseman's View, you better go when it's really dry, or have a 4WD vehicle. That path to the overlook is gnarly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina