U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 07:08 PM

1 posts, read 9,808 times
Default Lake Lure Inn

[

Lake Lure- Lake lure Inn- i use to work there. Me and my mother. There are alot of weird stuff that go on up there. that place i huanted. In the basement i always heard kids playing with a ball. And this was all at night. Like 8 or 9 at night. A woman died on the 3rd floor. i cant remember the room number but when you clean the room, even if no one had stayed in there. you would always find long black hair in the bathroom and the TV would go snowy. even if you unpluged it. my cleaning cart was pushed over......and no one was up there with me. i have had people check out of one of the rooms on the 1st floor. the last room on the left. their windows flew open one night and there tv went snowy and everything. it was fun working up there but it is huanted. i promise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Asheville, NC Old Abandoned Forestry Compound
There is a building in the compound which has all the windows boarded up. The downstairs consists of a long dark hallway with doors alternating on either side. In one downstairs bathroom there is a toilet filled with blood. Upstairs there is a room used by a now dead prostitute. This building is nicknamed the "Whorehouse" for that reason. Even when the temperature outside is 70 degrees, it barely reaches 40 degrees inside. Strange noises are heard by people who live in the Shiloh neighborhood, and lights have been seen as well. There are other buildings in the compound, and their doors are open and closed at random. There is a length of rope hanging from the rafters in one building.

Big Willow - Beaulah Baptist Church - In the forests near this Big Willow church lurks a menacing "watching" spirit that sometimes appears as a white cloud hovering low to the ground, relentlessly pursuing anyone alone in the woods at night.
Big Willow - Willow Road - A wizened, bent old woman dressed in black haunts a stretch of this road near Shaw's Creek Baptist Church. Supposedly she searches for her son, who went off to serve in the Civil War and never returned.

Chimney Rock Village - Chimney Rock Park - Early settlers of Hickory Nut Gorge reported bizarre sights on and around the giant granite monolith towering above them, including vast battles between angels and blinding white armies on horseback, roiling in the sky.

Edneyville - Appleola Road - Periodically, the ghost of a man with glowing red eyes rockets past the intersection of Appleola and World's Edge roads, driving a buckboard and whipping his horses into a frenzy.

Edneyville - Bearwallow Mountain - Those who live on the slopes of Henderson County's tallest mountain report sightings of demons, wolf spirits, and a ghostly maiden who resides in a waterfall.

Edneyville - Beau's Curve - In the 1800's a rock quarry was located beside this sharp curve on Gilliam Mountain Road in Edneyville, in Henderson County. Prisoners from local jails were forced to mine the quarry, under the watchful eyes of prison guards. "Beau" was such a guard, murdered in a prisoner revolt. The quarry has long since disappeared beneath thick forest, but Beau remains.

Flat Rock - St. John in the Wilderness Episcopal Church - Early parishioners, interred in the walls and floor, haunt this church, which was built in the early 1800's. In addition, a phantom soldier in the churchyard can sometimes be heard playing a dirge on a bugle on rainy nights.

Flat Rock - Woodfield Inn - The Morris Room at this Flat Rock landmark, the oldest continually operating hotel in North Carolina, is haunted by the ghost of Confederate Captain B.T. Morris, for whom it is named.

Fletcher - Calvary Episcopal Church - A female specter in a gray cloak, astride a pony, has haunted this historic church, once considered the "Westminster Abbey of the South," since long before the Civil War. During that conflict, however, she lured a small group of Union soldiers to their doom in a Confederate ambush when they mistook her for a citizen out past curfew and set out to detain her.

Henderson County/Rutherford County - Hickory Nut Gorge - According to Indian legend all of Hickory Nut Gorge, home to the villages of Gerton, Bat Cave, Chimney Rock Village, and Lake Lure, is claimed by a race of "little people" called the "Moon-Eyed People," who predate the Cherokee and are none too happy at having to share their chosen home with anyone.

Hendersonville - Bonclarken ARP Assembly Grounds - The historic home that serves as centerpiece at this Presbyterian conference center is haunted by the spirit of its original owner's wife. She starved herself to death in revenge for his infidelity. The house is also haunted by an unidentified male spirit.

Hendersonville - Comfort Inn and Suites - Decades ago a woman was murdered at this large hotel, constructed in the 1960's. In the room where she died, doors open and close on their own, and the bathroom faucet turns itself on.

Hendersonville - Henderson County Jail - The mysterious phantoms haunting Henderson County's jail, built in the 1990's, seem angry and also haunted the livery stable that occupied the site decades ago. The most notable sighting was captured on security videotape: a young black woman in an old-fashioned dress walked along the upstairs hall, vanishing as she suddenly plunged through the floor.

Hendersonville - Hendersonville City Hall - Hendersonville's historic city hall dates from the 1920's, and is so haunted that both the police and fire departments have vacated the building.

Hendersonville - Ramada Limited - The jacuzzi suite at this Hendersonville hotel is haunted by the ghost of a woman who checked in for a week of pampering before, for whatever reason, committing suicide. Sometimes, very late on the coldest nights of January she approaches the front desk, inquires about the continental breakfast served every day, and fades away.

Lake Lure - Bottomless Pools - No one has ever found the floor of these unusual geological formations in the town of Lake Lure, but they likely result from water filling lava tubes from long-extinct volcanoes. The spirits of the numerous people who have drowned here over the years lurk in the water.

Lake Lure - Clementine's Bridge - Clementine, a beautiful young woman, died while waterskiing on Lake Lure in the 1960's, when she lost her balance and hurtled into a bridge abutment, where her spirit still lingers.

Lake Lure- Lake lure Inn- i use to work there. Me and my mother. There are alot of weird stuff that go on up there. that place i huanted. In the basement i always heard kids playing with a ball. And this was all at night. Like 8 or 9 at night. A woman died on the 3rd floor. i cant remember the room number but when you clean the room, even if no one had stayed in there. you would always find long black hair in the bathroom and the TV would go snowy. even if you unpluged it. my cleaning cart was pushed over......and no one was up there with me. i have had people check out of one of the rooms on the 1st floor. the last room on the left. their windows flew open one night and there tv went snowy and everything. it was fun working up there but it is huanted. i promise.

Laurel Park - Jump Off Rock - The legend that gave this Laurel Park landmark its name also explains its ghost: that of a young Cherokee maiden who threw herself from the rock to her death when she learned that her beloved had perished in battle. She appears on moonlit nights, gazing wistfully out over the valley below.

Last edited by RaleighLass; 08-20-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 10:39 PM

1 posts, read 9,347 times
Default South Caldwell High School

Looking back at highschool, what is it you seem to remember? I can remember entering high school as a freshman and how you seem to get swept up in the tales of upperclassmen or janitors looking to give you a scare. As an alumni of South Caldwell I can verify that some very interesting happenings tend to occur. I stayed at school very late the majority of my highschool career due to my extracurricular activities therefore I had ample opportunity to look into the tales one might hear amongst fellow classmates. From personal experience I have rode on the elevator many times. The funny thing about that is I never once had a key to the elevator. I would simply ask the elevator to open and it did and I rode it. Now the story is that a construction worker died while building the elevator. I have tried to research this at the Lenoir Public Library and have not found it documented yet. That doesn't mean much though as far as ghosts go. One can not always find specific documentation. Now back to the elevator it does indeed open and close all day long on different floors for no visible reason. North Carolina Elevator inspectors could not even explain the "glitch". The doors continued to open even after a chip was replaced in the elevator. All the students like to lovingly or jokingly (depending on the individual) refer to the ghost as "Tim". Once your inside the elevator you will find that it is in the fashion of the late seventies and that it has an eerie creak as it shifts from floor to floor. Some janitors like to say that if you ask Tim politely he will take you to a floor without you having to push a button. Although to many thrill seekers the elevator may seem very tame it is known to get stuck inbetween floors and open its doors to brick walls.

Tim is not the only ghost that inhabits South Caldwell's Halls. There are three other ghosts that just can't seem to graduate. Any janitor will be glad to chat about the "heel", the "drummer", or the "theatre ghost" (also known as Eva). The heel of a shoe has been spoted many times late at night by janitors turning a corner of the third floor hallway. The drummer of course can be heard late at night in the band room located in the basement floor of South Caldwell. Last but perhaps most famous and truly a lady of the stage the theatre ghost Eva. Eva is quite the mischeif maker and loves the gentlemen. She is quite jealous when it comes to any ladies working in the theatre around her boys. If a girl ventures into the empty theatre perhaps to open it or work Eva likes to make the atmosphere very uncomfortable ecspecially if the lady is dating a boy in theatre. Another one of her antics is to misplace props or costumes. Her prescence is often felt only on rare occasion will you catch a glimpse of what appears to be a figure on the stage right side of the stage. Now many people say her spirit comes from a lady who died on the stage but teachers say that didn't happen. Where her spirit comes from one may never findout but her prescence is very poignant regardless.

South Caldwell High School
Hudson, NC

Old 08-23-2009, 10:32 PM

758 posts, read 1,509,024 times
Just curious. How many of you truly believe that any of these ghosts are REAL?? Please sign in. I can't wait to be humbled.

Jan

Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 AM

477 posts, read 633,104 times
Well Ive lived in areas around where they've talked about but have not seen or heard of any ghosts so I cant tell you any thats true .

Old 08-24-2009, 06:28 PM

15 posts, read 48,635 times
Here is a picture of a house near Marshall we took at night. It was supposedly haunted and was at one time a school,I was told. We didn't see anything when my husband took the picture but as you can see some strange type of lightning or something is coming out each door.
Attached Thumbnails
Haunted North Carolina Mountains & Foothills-hh4.jpg  

Old 08-25-2009, 08:02 AM

660 posts, read 654,384 times
Is that a person in the lower right corner? It looks like the strange light is touching them.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 9,107 times
Could you possibly give me a clue to where this house is at? We are looking at buying property in Marshall County and love old houses. I restore old houses and I'm not scared of ghosts just adds to the character : ).

Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM

15 posts, read 48,635 times
Actually, that was on Revere Road outside of Marshall in Madison County. The house was taken down a couple months ago. Someone bought it and dismantled the logs and I guess is rebuilding it somewhere else.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 8,546 times
actually i am the granddaughter of the woman she so called predicted the death of...and she is not a nice lady and the only reason my grandmother is dead is because her and my grandfather was having an affair and they killed her. now days that is called premeditated murder not a prediction come true...she wreaked all kinds of havoc on my family

Old 08-17-2010, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 7,404 times
i am part of a paranormal group. we want to investigate some places that have a LONG history of being haunted. i have a bunch set up..but would like to have a few more..please let me know if you can get me some clearance to any of these places.. i can assure you..we are extremely professional, and very serious about what we do.. haunted or not..we are seeking the truth..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina